Real World Evidence and Data in Clinical Trials – Webinar Recording/Transcript
Real world evidence (RWE) is making its way into your world.
The Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development (CSDD) investigated how the industry is using real world data (RWD) and RWE. The study of 30 biopharmaceutical companies clarifies the primary uses of RWD to generate evidence and identifies gaps and challenges in using RWE.
Based on their knowledge, and using several recent case studies, Dr. Mary Jo Lamberti — associate director of sponsored research at the CSDD — and Francis Kendall — senior director at Cytel — will share valuable information on:
- Types of technology used to access or collect real world data and evidence and partnerships that support usage
- Significant challenges to using RWD as well as strategies and practices that impact return on investment or performance
- The key drivers for change and the adoption of RWE
- The potential of RWE and how it may be used across the clinical development pipeline
- A look into regulators position regarding COVID-19 studies
Understand the critical factors you need to consider in using RWE and gain insight into the current and planned uses of RWE to support development and post-approval safety studies. Join us by registering today.
Meet Your Presenters
Mary Jo Lamberti, PhD is a professor at Tufts University and is associate director of sponsored research at the Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development (CSDD) at Tufts University School of Medicine. She has extensive experience conducting research on pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry practices and trends affecting contract research organizations and investigative sites. Ms. Lamberti has been a speaker at industry conferences and has published articles in trade and peer-reviewed journals. She holds a B.A. from Wellesley College and a Ph.D. in psychology from Boston University.
Francis Kendall is senior director at Cytel where he manages FSP teams and is an instrumental player in Cytel’s Real-World Analytics team. He has been working in the pharmaceutical industry for 30 years leading biometrics, statistics and statistical programming teams. Mr. Kendall previously worked for Roche, Novartis, Pfizer, Sandoz and Nycomed. He is formally educated in applied statistics and has an MBA. Mr. Kendall is driven by the potential of RWE data and all things digital and has a deep knowledge of the potential of the opportunities offered by big data, and in particular health data.
Who Will Benefit
- Data management/analytics professionals
- HEOR professionals
- Clinical research personnel
- Medical affairs personnel
- Statistics/biostatics professionals
- R&D personnel
- Marketing/post-marketing professionals
- Data science professionals
Webinar Recording & Transcript Bundle
Add to Cart
Aug. 13, 2020