Billing for Clinical Trials – Webinar Recording/Transcript
Billing for Clinical Trials: Tips on Optimizing Reimbursement and Staying Compliant
Achieving clinical billing compliance is complicated and critical to mitigating financial and legal risk for those involved in clinical trials. Complex coverage and coding requirements can interfere with billing, especially when they vary across third-party payers. Clinical trial agreements with sponsors and informed consent forms can further complicate your allocation of responsibility for payment.
Coordination across multiple functions within a research site (e.g., research administration, clinical services and patient/financial billing) is necessary throughout the duration of a study. Are you mitigating your risks? How are you managing?
Overcome these billing challenges when you optimize reimbursement.
Eve Brunts, Esq. will share how you can overcome the challenges of clinical trial billing compliance using applicable coverage and coding requirements and implementing appropriate policies and operational processes. She is a partner in Ropes & Gray LLP’s health care practice, regularly advising research sponsors and clinical sites on a variety of clinical research compliance and contracting issues.
- How to achieve maximum efficiency billing using key principles for clinical trial billing compliance, including necessary required documentation and format
- How to maximize coverage of clinical trial services by third-party payers
- Medicare coverage and coding requirements, including Medicare clinical trial policy and investigational devices
- Federal and state laws addressing coverage of clinical trial services for other third-party payers, including comparisons of federal and particular state provisions
- Common challenges and current uncertainties
- How to ensure clinical trial compliance, with guidance on policies and procedures
- Common clinical trial agreement contracting approaches
- Development of a clinical trials coverage analysis
- Tracking clinical trial services
- Key takeaways of relevant enforcement actions by government officials
Optimize your reimbursements. Get critical tips for best practices in billing, documentation and compliance.
Meet Your Presenter
Eve Brunts, Esq. is a partner in Ropes & Gray LLP’s health care practice, which includes health care compliance and research issues. She regularly advises research sponsors and clinical sites on clinical research compliance and contracting issues, including human subject protection requirements, FDA requirements for clinical trials, clinical trial funding, CRO/clinical trial agreements and HIPAA research requirements. For research sponsors and clinical sites, Ms. Brunts has participated in research compliance reviews; assisted with the development of research policies, procedures and template documents and/or provided advice in connection with government investigations.
Who Will Benefit
- Compliance Personnel
- Research Administration
- R&D Personnel
- Finance Personnel
- Site administrator
- Site coordinator
- Clinical trial coordinator
- Clinical trial consultants