2021 Global Site Relationship Benchmark Survey Reports for Sponsors and CROs, Complete Set — PDF
Relationships are everything in business. Perhaps even more so in clinical trials, with relationships among sites, sponsors and clinical research organization (CROs) key to successful trials. And a successful business.
If there were a way to understand how sites perceive you — and how to improve your relationships with them — would that be of interest? CenterWatch conducts the site benchmark survey every two years and has compiled the results from 2017, 2019 and 2021. Wouldn’t it also be great to know where your company ranks compared to your competitors? These reports have those answers.
The 2021 Global Site Relationship Benchmark Survey Reports empower you to take control of your reputation and build stronger working relationships with sites. With the clinical trials industry growing in complexity, you must raise your standing or risk being left behind.
Use the data in these two exclusive reports — one is for sponsors, the other for CROs — to set your future business goals and craft strategies to develop deeper relationships with sites.
- Consider this: the 10 most important factors in a strong relationship with a sponsor have changed markedly from just two years ago. Hint: if your attention is on creating realistic project timelines and fostering effective working relationships with CROs, you may be focusing on the wrong things. The focus now is on protocols.
- Consider, too: With 2021, 2019 and 2017 data on all points, you’ll see that five of the 53 individual sponsors rated in 2021 improved their performance across all areas. Most of the others fell below their 2019 scores — some dramatically. Which group is your organization in?
The 2021 Global Site Relationship Benchmark Survey Reports will help you see where your organization stands and where it needs to go, so you can start setting your future goals and strategies.
All new data were gathered through WCG CenterWatch’s 2021 survey of more than 3,700 sites. Respondents ranked 53 sponsors and 29 CROs on a variety of criteria they regard as important to a strong working relationship:
- Project support: timely drug availability, efficient handling of queries, staff accessibility
- Study monitoring: knowledgeable and trained CRAs, rate of monitor turnover, responsiveness to inquiries
- Protocol/study design planning: realistic project timelines and enrollment goals, patient engagement, case report form design
- Site management: training for investigators and site staff, patient recruitment planning, use of technology to streamline processes
- Work style: staff empowerment, communication, supportive culture
- Contracts and budgets: flexibility in protocols and budgets, ease of negotiations, adequate and timely payments
Discover the 10 sponsor and CRO attributes sites think are most important … how sites rate sponsors’ and CROs’ performance on those attributes … areas in which sponsors/CROs are performing well and where they need to improve … the top 10 sponsors and CROs ranked by overall reputation and performance across all attributes … highs and lows of sponsor/CRO performance … and much more.
- Bonus: This year’s survey adds a section on sites’ ability to keep their trials running during the pandemic. Are they satisfied with the support their sponsors provided? You may be surprised at the top choice.
If you don’t know what is wrong, you can’t fix it. Use the proprietary data in the 2021 Global Site Relationship Benchmark Survey Reports to build better, more effective relationships with sites.
Who Will Benefit
- Directors of research and strategic planning
- Patient engagement initiative teams
- Protocol designers
- Contracts and budget staff
- Site administrators and investigators
CenterWatch reserves the right to verify that the purchase company is a site or sponsor.