How to Make Your Clinical Trials Truly Patient-Centric: Best Practices for Optimizing Patient Engagement and Input : 24/7 Encore plus USB Audio Record
It’s essential that the clinical trial industry is prepared to meaningfully engage and include the patient voice and experience.
Being patient-centric is not merely a buzzword. It’s how clinical trial professionals can improve their clinical trials by involving patients in recruitment efforts, consent agreements, educational materials and treatment and engagement during clinical trials.
Maggie Buckley, Volunteer Patient Advocate — Pamela Bennett, RN, BSN, CCE, Executive Healthcare and Corporate Affairs Consultant and — Danya Kaye, Director of Business Development, R&D and Innovation at Inspire — will discuss how clinical trial professionals can improve their clinical trials by involving patients in recruitment efforts, consent agreements, educational materials and engagement during clinical trials.
Over the course of 90 minutes they’ll help you learn:
- Three considerations that you should keep top of mind prior to beginning a patient engagement program — including the initial outreach to the patient community
- Three recommendations critical to engaging directly with patients as advisors — including during the recruitment process
- Three approaches to developing a patient advisory board to help guide your clinical development program — including the types of patients who should be on that board
- Three elements necessary to engage patients and patient advocacy organizations in clinical trial development and treatment — including communication strategies
- Three ways to engage patients to inspire, motivate and educate your colleagues about the value of their work
Hear different perspectives about innovative approaches to patient centricity and engagement directly from a patient advocate leader, a clinically experienced healthcare professional executive, and a director of the leading social network for health connecting patients and caregivers.
Who Will Benefit
- Medical Affairs
- Patient Relations
- Clinical Development
- Patient Advocacy
- Corporate Compliance
- Internal Communications
- Business Development
Meet Your Presenter:
Maggie Buckley, Volunteer Patient Advocate
Maggie Buckley is a volunteer patient advocate motivated to connect with other people with pain to network for increased awareness and access to all treatment options. Disabled since 1998, she volunteers to share personal stories of people’s personal pain journey including her own story.
Pamela Bennett, RN, BSN, CCE, Executive Healthcare and Corporate Affairs Consultant
Pamela has more than thirty years of experience from the bedside to the boardroom. She is the current and former board member of several national non-profit healthcare and social justice-related organizations.
Danya Kaye, Director of Business Development, R&D and Innovation, Inspire
Danya Kaye is the Director of Business Development for R&D and Innovation at Inspire, an online social health network with a mission to accelerate medical progress through a world of connected patients. The company helps pharmaceutical companies integrate patient-centricity into the drug development cycle. Danya’s passion for patient-centric clinical trials stems from her personal experience in a clinical trial that saved her life when she was faced with Hodgkin's Lymphoma as a young adult