3. Understand Trial Content
The patient lands on the study detail page after clicking on any of the study results on the search results page. A pop over appears for the first time on the right side of this page
As the user scrolls down the study detail page, the corresponding navigation item gets highlighted:
The study detail page contains the following labels and metrics on the top:
- Status - The status of the trial
- End Date - The number of days remaining for study end date to finish
- Participants needed - The number of participants required for the study
- Sponsor - The sponsor for the trial.
There is a button "See if I qualify" which when clicked, takes the user to eligibility section.
Other Trial Information
The patients can also see the primary contact along with the sites assigned to that study.
The treatment labels for the trials are also displayed there.
- A contact link is there, which when clicked, takes the user on the contact a site section of the page.
- In addition to this, there is trial summary and description and details section on the study page.
If site name contains "center" then it will have medicine icon. If site name contains "university" then there will be University icon and if site name contains "clinic" or "hospital" then medical building icon will be there.
A small gif is displayed on the study page that indicates the patient on how annotations can be added to the study content.
- The patients can also see the existing definitions present for the trial summary, description. There is a toggle present to view the available definitions.(Refer to Annotations and Definitions module for more details).
Clinical Trial Rating:
The patient can give ratings on how easy it was to understand the clinical trial content
- The patients can check there eligibility for the trial where they can go through the set of questions within inclusion and exclusion criteria respectively and select response for these questions. (Explained under 'Eligibility' module briefly).
How to Participate
Participating in a clinical trial involves five (4) steps. They are as follows:
- The first step involves selecting and contacting a site by sending a referral. (Explained under 'Find a site widget' module briefly).
- The second step is about 'Screening and Consent'.
The patient has to visit the site and complete the informed Consent and screening process to make sure he/she fully understand the study details and meet the entry criteria based on the current health
They may contact the patient to ask a few more questions to determine if he/she might be eligible before scheduling a consent/screening visit which may be in person or virtual.
- During this visit, the patient will go through the informed consent process in which they are made fully aware of all aspects of the trial and what is required to participate.
- The patient may undergo further screening procedures/tests during this initial visit to finally determine if they are eligible to proceed with the full study.
- The third step is where the patient participate or enroll in the study once deemed eligible after full screening. Studies follow a detailed schedule, which may consist of a combination of in person visits, phone/virtual visits, test, and procedures. The duration of these study durations may vary.
- The fourth step is about completing the study participation activities and getting the results if provided by the sponsor.
- There will be some set of labels and similar trials displayed to the patients based on what they searched for at the bottom of the study detail page.
The patient gets to see similar trials based on trial first condition or the second condition on the study detail page. These are the trials that are within the miles selected by the user. If there are no trials available within given miles, then no similar trials are displayed
Some Additional functionalities
- Save study page - It will save the study page and can be accessed in the workspace (A tool bar appears at the top from where the saved trials can be accessed)
- Print study page - The print will print out A4 size, that will contain entire detail page including title, all the stats at the top, summary, brief description, trial id, all annotations etc.
- Mail to link for study page - Clicking on it will open a mail to box where the subject with be the study title.