Biomedical Research Alliance of New York
1981 Marcus Avenue, Suite 210
Lake Success, NY 11042
Currently Enrolling Trials
Currently Enrolling Trials
- Abbvie - Myelofibrosis - M16 -191
- Avelumab in UroThelIal CarcInoma-PATRIOIT-II
- COVID-19 Treatment Outpatient
- Long Lasting Lenacapavir HIV
- Metastatic Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Myelofibrosis Who Have Suboptimal Response to Ruxolitinib
- Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer BOND-003
- Primary Biliary Cholangitis (PBC) Assure
- Small cell lung cancer (SCLC) Receiving Zepzelca
- Tabelecleucel Epstein-Barr Virus
The Biomedical Research Alliance of New York (BRANY) is the largest alliance of research sites in the world. BRANY offers a turnkey solution for expedited site identification and study startup.
Founded in 1998 by the New York Academy of Medicine and several academic institutions, BRANY now includes more than 200 affiliates — all able to use a single contract, IRB and budget.
BRANY accelerates the site selection and startup process, but, unlike an SMO, once sites are up and running, interactions are directly between the investigative sites and the sponsors and/or CROs. BRANY does not interfere with these important relationships.
Our sites are located throughout the U.S.
A vast healthcare delivery network with diverse patient populations. More than 200 academic hospitals and practice settings with more than 30,000 inpatient beds, including faculty practices, outpatient departments and walk-in clinics in most states and Canada. Fifteen long-term care facilities and several Veterans’ Administration hospitals. Our central office is located in New York, but sites are nationwide.
Experienced researchers: Thousands of board-certified physicians from premier academic medical institutions with clinical trial experience. Many of our investigators are considered thought leaders in their fields.
Expert consultants: BRANY offers sponsors a robust panel of expert investigators and scientists to assist in protocol development, DSMB membership and medical monitoring.
Experienced staff: The central office is staffed by experienced regulatory and clinical staff. There are more than 400 certified study coordinators at BRANY-affiliated sites... .Patient Demographics
An ethnically diverse patient population reaches into the millions and includes all socioeconomic groups.
- Education: The BRANY Institute for Research Education offers a variety of educational training programs to aid clinical research professionals by promoting good clinical practice. Courses range from a two-day CME-accredited program for CRCs to IRB-certification prep to budget negotiation. We have onsite training; our instructors will come to you. We will teach any BRANY course at your institution or organization anywhere in the world.
- Site Identification: We help identify potential sites for your trial. Our team assesses the demographics, past history and the current staff expertise at each site before presenting sites to sponsors and CROs. Give us a synopsis and within 24 hours, we'll have some excellent choices for you.
- Centralized contracting: One phone call takes care of all regulatory and contract issues. We prepare all necessary regulatory documents for both sponsors and investigators, including consent forms,1572s, financial disclosures, etc. The regulatory department works closely with sponsors and investigators to ensure the accurate and expeditious submission of all documents. The emphasis on centralization allows for standardization of budgets for all sites and helps eliminate the confusion of dealing with several different contacts.
- Auditing: Our experienced and clinically oriented staff is available for onsite audits of investigative sites and IRBs to ensure compliance with ICH, GCP, FDA and OHRP regulations.
- Monitoring: We can supply supplemental monitoring for CROs, sponsors and investigator sponsors. Our monitors are CCRAs, clinically oriented and include MDs and RNs. East Coast regional monitors are available to assist sponsors and CROs. We can supplement your staff and decrease travel time and cost. We also supply medical monitoring by expert researchers.
- IRB services: The BRANY IRB is composed of academic researchers with extensive IRB experience. Members are committed to the protection of human subjects and ethical and quality research review in the most efficient manner. Ongoing auditing of approved trials assures compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- IBC Services: Unique in the nation, our affiliates send representation to a central biosafety committee to review recombinant DNA/gene transfer research. Our core committee is composed of chairs and biosafety officers from academic centers. With this mechanism and without sacrificing scrupulous oversight safety, a trial involving recombinant DNA/gene transfer may be started much more expeditiously than in the past.
How to contact the regulatory/grants staff