AMCR Institute, Inc.
625 West Citracado Parkway Suite 112
Escondido, CA 92025
Currently Enrolling Trials
For more than 20 years, Timothy Bailey, MD, has directed phase 1 to4 endocrine and metabolic clinical trials for many of the world's leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies. We have extensive device experience, ranging from first-in-human to pivotal trials for FDA submission. We have special expertise in the evaluation of medical software, both embedded and stand-alone.
- Cardiology/vascular diseases
- Family medicine
- Healthy volunteers
- Internal medicine
- Nutrition and weight loss
Our new phase 1 facilities features:
- Two in-patient beds for overnight stays;
- Day clinic equipped with five custom-built, reclining patient chairs;
- Onsite blood drawing and processing lab with IATA certified staff;
- Secured-access medicine room;
- -70°C freezer;
- Fax, DSL and wireless internet access;
- Located approximately three miles from a major medical center; and
- Kitchen facilities.
In addition, our facilities include:
- Bone densitometry by DXA scan;
- Body composition by DXA scan;
- ECG machines and cardiac monitor;
- Thyroid ultrasound;
- Refrigerated centrifuge;
- Konica Minolta Buzhub copier/printer; and
- Satellite TV.
Timothy Bailey, MD, FACE, FACP, CPI
Licensure and board certification in internal medicine and endocrinology and metabolism. Dr. Bailey, a Certified Physician Investigator, has specialized in working with patients with diabetes, osteoporosis, thyroid diseases and lipids disorders since 1990. He is a clinical associate professor at the University of California San Diego School of Medicine.
Full time staff members:
- Medical director and PI;
- Regulatory affairs specialist and clinical operations manager;
- Clinical project managers;
- Clinical research coordinators;
- Registered dietician;
- Recruitment specialist;
- Marketing specialist;
- Media coordinator; and
- Front-desk receptionist.
AMCR Institute carries out cutting-edge clinical trials using medications and medical devices developed by the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. We are situated in a highly populated region close to San Diego and the Mexican border, facilitating recruitment from a geographically diverse population. Our staff works with the local communities and health centers, diabetes educators and physicians’ offices in San Diego and Riverside counties. Patients who participate in clinical trials at our sites come from a variety of different sources. We advertise regularly in the local media, including radio and TV and participate in health fairs and symposiums, and other community events. Eligible patients are offered the latest treatment options carried out under strict guidelines from the FDA. Volunteers become the most critical link in a chain of research and testing to develop breakthrough treatments for a broad range of health problems. At all times, volunteers’ safety and confidentiality are guarded with the utmost concern. Because of their respected background in research, AMCR physicians regularly present their research findings to major medical organizations.