Shivkumar Hatti, MD, MBA
Contact: Meghan Varano
Suburban Research Associates
107 Chesley Drive, Unit 4
Media, PA 19063
Currently Enrolling Trials
Suburban Research Associates is devoted to providing individualized care and Research treatment to our patients. We offer patients the alternative of new advanced treatments while helping the medical research field develop and grow. Our focus is on research for new drugs in the approval process or for medications that are already marketed.
All of our studies are FDA approved and participation is on a voluntary basis. Each patient is carefully evaluated and monitored to ensure the highest quality of care. At the completion of the study, patients may choose to use our aftercare services which usually include around 3 additional months of medication management by our psychiatrist, including medication samples.
Our office is conveniently located in Media, a suburb of Philadelphia, in the Chesley Office Campus, offering plenty of free parking with immediate access to I-476, I-95, the Pennsylvania Turnpike, and public transportation. As of 2017, we partnered with Human Services, Inc. – a private, fully licensed non-profit community mental health center. This satellite office is located just off Lincoln Highway, across from the Paoli/Thorndale train station in Thorndale, PA. We specialize in psychiatry and have conducted over 200 clinical trials since 1999.
Our site consists of 2 Board-Certified Psychiatrists, a part-time CRNP, 4 full-time Clinical Research Coordinators, a full-time Patient Recruitment/Marketing Specialist, a Regulatory Specialist, an Administrative Site Manager and a part-time Clinical Rater. All our staff members are trained in Good Clinical Practice to ensure ethical and compliant conduct in clinical trials. We pride ourselves in our quick regulatory turn-around time and our recruitment abilities. Suburban Research Associates is determined to deliver the best quality care to our patients.
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Angelman Syndrome
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Decreased Sexual Desire and Distress
- Depression with Insomnia Symptoms
- Depression with Anxious Distress
- Chronic Lower Back Pain
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder
- Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome
- Essential Hypertension
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Lyme Disease
- Neurodegenerative Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Opioid Dependence
- Opioid Induced Constipation
- Panic Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Pleasant , comfortable environment
- Temperature-controlled, locked storage
- Phlebotomy trained staff
- Standard freezer
- -20 degree celsius deep freezer
- -80 degree celsius ultra-low freezer
- ECG equipment (calibration documented)
- Multiple ambient and refrigerated centrifuges (calibration documented)
- Fiber optic internet connection
- Private monitoring spaces with internet access
- Location 2 miles from Riddle Memorial Hospital
- Location 3 miles from Brandywine Hospital
- Quality, timely data
- Proven placebo separation
- SMS text appointment reminders
- Regular GCP training
- Pharmacokinetic sampling expertise
- Pharmacogenetic sampling expertise
- Clinical coordinators at master’s level
- Full-time patient recruitment specialist
- Dedicated regulatory specialist
- Ability to use Central IRB
- Database of over 10,000 patients
- Physician referral network
- Detailed SOPs based on GCP and Federal Regulations
- Member of CTMS Database to prevent duplicate subjects
SRA employs two board certified psychiatrists.
Shivkumar Hatti, MD
Dr. Hatti is a board-certified General Adult Psychiatrist and has been practicing in Media, a suburb of Philadelphia, for the past 41 years and conducting pharmaceutical research trials since 1999.
As the C.E.O. of Suburban Research Associates, Dr. Hatti has been the Principal Investigator of over 200 studies. He graduated from Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital in Mumbai, India, and completed his psychiatric residency at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, where he is currently an Assistant Clinical Professor.
Dr. Hatti is the founding member of the tristate chapter (SE PA, DE and NJ) of the Indo-American Psychiatric Association (IAPA) and the past president of the national chapter. He is also the past president of the American Association of Psychiatric Administrators (AAPA) and the Philadelphia Psychiatric Society. Dr. Hatti was the 2010 recipient of the NAMI Exemplary Psychiatrist Award.
Jack Castro, MD, Sub-Investigator
Dr. Jack Castro is a boardcertified general adult psychiatrist with sub-specialty training in geriatrics and psychosomatic medicine. He divides his time in clinical private practice and pharmaceutical research.
Dr. Castro graduated from Universidad Central de Venezuela in 2004. Then he completed psychiatry residency at Metropolitan Hospital Center/ NY Medical College in 2013. He obtained further training in geriatrics and psychosomatic medicine from Montefiore Medical Center/ Albert Einstein College of Medicine.