Poll Shows Remote Monitoring to Become More Commonplace
A new poll of clinical research professionals suggests remote monitoring, a tactic necessitated by the pandemic, will become more commonplace once the global health crisis ends.
Nearly two-thirds of 369 respondents (64 percent) to a reader poll conducted by Clinical Trials Arena said they plan to amend future clinical trial protocols to include remote monitoring, while the remaining 36 percent aren’t planning to make such amendments.
The FDA issued guidance supporting remote monitoring during the pandemic and has signaled that it will not require sponsors to remonitor all of the data postpandemic. But agency officials advised sites and CROs to discuss the possibility of deploying source data verification (SDV) with sponsors (CenterWatch Weekly, Aug. 3, 2020).