Home » Recent Industry Personnel News
Recent Industry Personnel News
September 6, 2007
- Clinsys Clinical Research appointed Hartmut Schmied, M.D., to vice president, European Operations. He will be based in Dusseldorf, Germany. Prior to Clinsys, Schmied was Medifacts International’s executive director of European Operations and global head of clinical research. He also served in clinical development positions at Bayer AG.
- Zurich-based CRO PFC Pharma Focus appointed Ran Frenkel to vice president of business development. He is already the chief executive officer of PFC’s Israel subsidiary. Prior to joining PFC, Frenkel founded Israeli-based Actelion Pharmaceuticals.
- Michael Troullis has become the new chief financial officer of CRO Quintiles. He was acting CFO for the company since 2006, replacing John Ratliff when he became Quintiles’ chief operating officer. Troullis joined Quintiles in 1992 as director of finance, Europe. He previously held several positions at CooperVision, one of the largest makers of contact lenses, most recently as European Finance Director; and six years with global accounting firm KPMG in the UK. Troullis will report to directly to Dennis Gillings.
- DSG, a Malvern, Penn.-based eClinical company, hired Suzanne Lamerand as vice president, clinical data management. Prior to joining DSG, Lamerand was associate director of data management at McNeil Consumer Healthcare. She also was a consultant positions at Trilogy Consulting.
- Cypress, Calif.,-based early stage CRO West Coast Clinical Trials (WCCT) hired Yves Grenon as vice president of business development and strategic planning. Grenon was executive director of business development at Pharmanet – formally SFBC – prior to joining WCCT. He also served as senior director of business development at MDS Pharma for its European and Japanese markets.
- eClinical company Omnicomm Systems appointed Dr. Yvonne Rollinger director of clinical operations. He will be based in Bonn, Germany. Rollinger came from rival EDC company Datatrak, where she was director of clinical service in Europe for seven years. She also served as a project coordinator for a U.S. based CRO.
- Waltham, Mass.-based CRO Parexel International’s consulting unit Parexel Consulting –appointed Dr. Hans Van Bronswijk to the position of principal consultant in its European Drug Development Practice. He will advise clients on clinical development and regulatory affairs. He served as head of clinical assessment for the Dutch Medicines Evaluation Board for nine years. Bronswijk served on the European Medicines Agency (EMEA) committee for Medical Products for Human Use (CHMP) for the Netherlands for six years. He also held regulatory positions at Novartis.
- Clinical Site Services (CSS), a Maryland-based patient enrollment company, appointed Kristen Chumley as senior media planner and buyer. Prior to CSS, Chumley worked for a large advertising agency as an assistant account executive.
Be sure to send your organization's latest personnel news via email to the editors at Clinical Trials Today!
Standard Operating Procedures for Risk-Based Monitoring of Clinical Trials
Learn More Here