Home » Recent Industry Personnel Changes
Recent Industry Personnel Changes
December 17, 2007
- U.S. and India-based site management company, Excel Life Sciences, appointed Dan McDonald as vice president of business development and has added Wayne Pines to the company’s board of directors. Prior to joining Excel Life Sciences, McDonald was senior vice president of strategic development at D. Anderson & Company and held various senior positions at CenterWatch, most recently as the company’s general manager. Pines is a consultant on regulatory issues, advertising and promotion, media strategies and crisis management involving biological products, pharmaceuticals and medical devices. He is currently president of regulatory services and healthcare at Washington, D.C.-based APCO Worldwide. He also spent seven years as associate commissioner for public affairs at the FDA.
- Parexel is expanding its late phase research services and has appointed Dr. Victor Kiri, formerly with GlaxoSmithKline, as director of pharmacoepidemiology within the company's Clinical Research Services business. Kiri's responsibilities include advising clients on the design and conduct of comparative observational studies, offering epidemiological analysis for compounds in development, and guiding strategic decisions regarding future areas of research and product development.
- Wayne, Pa.-based Encorium Group appointed Linda Nardone, Ph.D. as chief operating officer and executive vice president, reporting to chief executive officer Kenneth Barow, M.D. Nardone joined Encorium from Zila Biotechnology as general manager. She also held positions at Pharmacia, Sterling Winthrop, Immunomedics and Elusys Therapeutics.
- London-based clinical software company, InferMed appointed Martin Rouen as director of product development. Rouen joined InferMed from Alphameric Solutions as program and development manager. He will report directly to the company’s chief executive officer Duane Lawrence.
- Morrisville, N.C.,-based eClinical provider etrials appointed Michael Mickens vice president of sales and client services and Chuck Piccirillo to vice president of product development. Mickens will be responsible for leading the sales organization, creating and implementing a customer-focused, team-oriented sales strategy. Mickens joined etrials from Cerner Corp., as vice president of worldwide sales and business development. Prior to Cerner, he was vice president of worldwide sales and business development at QED Solutions. He has also held sales and business development positions Fiserv and Oracle. Prior to etrials, Chuck Piccirillo was at Hill-Rom's HealthCare IT Solutions business, Kodak, Carestream Health, and Nova MicroSonics.
- Dallas-based patient recruitment firm D. Anderson & Company appointed Teddie Garrigan to the position of executive vice president, charged with leading the company’s project operations department. Garrigan was previously vice president and chief strategic officer for The Herman Group of Companies. She was also president and chief executive officer of strategic advisory company Seaborn Communications.
Be sure to send your organization's latest personnel news!
Standard Operating Procedures for Risk-Based Monitoring of Clinical Trials
Learn More Here