AAHRPP Accredits Final Batch of Organizations for 2007
The Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs (AAHRPP) accredited its final 11 organizations for the year.
In 2007, the association has accredited a total of 47 institutions, independent review boards (IRBs), contract research organizations (CROs), universities and hospitals. Accreditations are valid for three years.
The following have received full accreditation:
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Champaign, IL
- Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- Department of Veteran Affairs Northern California Health Care System, Mather, CA
- John D. Dingell VA Medical Center, Detroit, CA
- North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System, Gainesville, FL
- Sioux Falls Veterans Administration Medical Center, Sioux Falls, SD
- VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA
- VA Central California Healthcare System, Fresno, CA
- VA Iowa City Health Care System, Iowa City, IA
The Carl T. Hayden Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ received AAHRPP’s “Qualified Accreditation status”. Qualified Accreditation status means that the organization meets most of the full standards. Any deficiencies are minor, few in number, and purely administrative. These deficiencies would not cause direct harm to patients.
“AAHRPP accredits organizations that can demonstrate they provide participant safeguards that surpass the threshold of state and federal requirements,” the association states.