Five foundations to participate in Cavendish Global Health Impact Forum
Cavendish Global has selected five foundations to participate in the Cavendish Global Health Impact Forum taking place Nov. 10-13 at Oxford University in the U.K. The selected organizations and the participating representatives include:
- Alexander Rossides, president and co-founder of the Social Impact Exchange, a membership based community of family offices and foundations, which provide the funding needed to scale-up organizations capable of solving significant social problems in health, and education.
- John Feather, Ph.D., CEO of Grantmakers In Aging, a national association of grantmaking foundations that work to improve the lives of older people. Feather is currently chairman of the board of directors of the American Society on Aging, treasurer of the National Hispanic Council on Aging and board member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.
- Christopher A. Langston, Ph.D., program director of the John A. Hartford Foundation.
- Joseph M. Smith, M.D., chief medical and science officer, West Health Institute and the West Health Policy Center. Smith directs the West Health Institute's medical and clinical research and is a co-manager of West Health Investment Fund.
- Lawrence (Larry) A. Soler, president and CEO of the Partnership for a Healthier America, a nonpartisan nonprofit devoted to working with the private sector to ensure the health of children by solving the childhood obesity crisis.
These foundation representatives will participate in a panel discussion to share how they identify innovations with the potential for transformational impact on chronic diseases, including the wellness of seniors. They will provide insights into innovative approaches to managing chronic diseases. The panel also will explore initiatives to maximize the health and wellness of seniors.
The purpose of the by-invitation forum is to help family offices and foundations develop and implement their individual impact investing and grant-giving programs within health and the life sciences. To accomplish this mission, the forum showcases presentations and panel discussions by leading scientists, accomplished healthcare delivery professionals, private-sector companies and institutional investors engaged in developing innovations with the potential for transformational impact on disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment.