Cloud Pharmaceuticals ratifies board of directors
Cloud Pharmaceuticals, a therapeutics company focused on cloud-based drug design and development, has ratified its board of directors. Members of the board include Cloud Pharmaceuticals chairman and CEO Ed Addison, chief scientific officer Shahar Keinan, Ph.D., and chief information officer Lawrence Husick. Other members of the board include:
Rob Armstrong, Ph.D. Armstrong is an independent consultant in the pharmaceutical industry. His extensive discovery and preclinical development experience is of particular value to Cloud Pharmaceuticals as it works to develop partnering relationships in the drug design and development market. Previously, he acted as vice president, discovery chemistry and research technologies for Eli Lilly. Prior, he was director of small molecule discovery at Amgen and was associate professor of biochemistry at UCLA.
- Michael Brennan, M.D., Ph.D. Brennan is the founder, president and former CEO of Gene Logic. His experience as successful entrepreneur for a biotech company that uses information as a key part of its business model translates especially well to Cloud Pharmaceuticals. During Brennan’s time at Gene Logic, he built the company from a start-up to a public company that achieved a market capitalization of over $5 billion. Brennan previously was a general partner at Oxford Bioscience Partners. He also was vice president, business development for Boehringer Mannheim Therapeutics.
- John Doll. Doll was the acting under secretary of commerce for intellectual property and the acting director of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). Previously, he was commissioner for patents at the USPTO. His insight is especially beneficial to Cloud Pharmaceuticals as it advances its intellectual property-rich Inverse Design platform.
- William Haseltine, M.D., Ph.D. Haseltine brings unprecedented experience, insight and professional affiliations to the Cloud Pharmaceuticals’ board of directors. He is an American biologist, entrepreneur and philanthropist. He is known for his groundbreaking work on HIV/AIDS and the human genome. Haseltine was a professor at Harvard Medical School where he founded two research departments on cancer and HIV/AIDS. He founded several biotechnology companies, is the president of the Haseltine Foundation for Science and the Arts and is the chairman and president of ACCESS Health International, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving access to high quality health worldwide.
- Michael Sikora. Sikora is a CPA and business executive. His most recent role was chief operating officer for Holland & Knight. He offers Cloud Pharmaceuticals strategic and tactical advice on a broad range of issues including merger/acquisition evaluation, due diligence and integration and operational and financial matters.
- Kenneth A. Sorensen. Sorensen is the founder and managing partner of Array Capital Management, a capital firm in New York focused on the global life sciences sector. Sorensen formerly was a Patent Examiner at USPTO. His unique combination of experience benefits Cloud Pharmaceuticals in its business, investments and scientific endeavors.
- Lex Van der Ploeg, Ph.D. Van der Ploeg is managing director for VDP, an independent consulting agency focused on R&D for the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries and private investors. He has extensive academic, pharmaceutical industry and biotech experience. Van der Ploeg’s ability to support R&D initiatives from a strategic and tactical perspective enables him to provide sound guidance to Cloud Pharmaceuticals as it furthers its new drug designs.