Veeva expands clinical leadership team
Veeva Systems has expanded its leadership team across product management and cloud software development to accelerate innovation and customer success in clinical operations and data management. Veeva is bringing together established industry experts with proven cloud innovators to continue to deliver clinical applications that will unify end-to-end processes and help speed trials.
“We have a significant opportunity to help the industry overcome current limitations and better manage the complexity of global trials,” said Peter Gassner, founder and CEO of Veeva Systems. “We’re deepening the bench on our world-class clinical team with talented leaders that bring strong technology and life sciences background to Veeva. Our balance of industry expertise and cloud software knowledge puts us in a unique position to be a strategic partner to life sciences.”
In addition to its expanded clinical team, Veeva today introduced Veeva Vault EDC and Veeva Vault eSource, the first applications on a single cloud platform to provide a better, modern approach for clinical data management. In less than four years, Veeva has added more than 120 clinical operations customers, including global deployments of Veeva Vault eTMF at seven of the top 20 pharma companies. The company is building upon this success by adding to its talented clinical team and delivering new applications as part of the Veeva Vault Clinical Suite that will drive the next phase of innovation in clinical trials.
The members of Veeva’s expanded clinical team will now include:
- Henry Levy, chief strategy officer—Levy has nearly 25 years of experience transforming the way the biopharmaceutical industry improves patient health. He leads Veeva’s market strategy and strategic relationships with customers and partners in multiple areas, including clinical. Levy also represents Veeva in various industry collaborations. Previously, he ran client development and commercial services at PPD, one of the world’s largest CROs, and was head of Accenture’s global life sciences R&D practice.
- Jill Johnston, vice president, Veeva Vault Clinical—Johnston is responsible for leading the development of Veeva’s clinical operations products and market strategy. She has more than 20 years of expertise in clinical operations, pharmaceutical efficiency, and transformation initiatives across phase I-IV. Prior to Veeva, she held a variety of senior leadership roles in clinical operations, project management, and Six Sigma at Covance, a leading global CRO.
- Brian Longo, senior vice president and general manager, Veeva Vault EDC—Over the past 10 years at Veeva, Longo has architected and innovated industry-specific cloud solutions for drug discovery, medical affairs, and commercial. He leads the development of Vault EDC and Vault eSource, delivering the technology innovation that customers need to improve speed and data quality and cut the cost and complexity in clinical trials.
- Richard Young, vice president, Veeva Vault EDC—Young has nearly 25 years of expertise in data management, clinical solutions, and advanced clinical strategies. His broad experience in life sciences includes roles at Medidata where he focused on adaptive trials, risk-based monitoring, mHealth, and big data, as well as operational roles at leading pharma and CRO organizations, including GlaxoWellcome, Novo Nordisk, and PAREXEL. At Veeva, Young is establishing Vault EDC as the leading solution for clinical data management.
- Drew Garty, vice president, product management, Veeva Vault EDC—Garty’s career in pharmaceutical technology spans nearly 20 years and includes extensive experience in clinical system architecture, design, and development, including EDC. He is responsible for developing and implementing innovative technology solutions as part of the Veeva Vault Clinical Suite, including Vault EDC and Vault eSource. Prior to Veeva, he spent the majority of his career at PAREXEL where he led the institutionalization of EDC and development of innovative solutions such as risk-based monitoring.
- Michelle Marlborough, vice president, product management, Veeva Vault CTMS—In her role, Marlborough is responsible for the development of Veeva Vault CTMS. She brings 20 years of experience to Veeva transforming clinical trials through innovative technology and analytics. Before Veeva, Marlborough was vice president of product strategy at Medidata and held data management roles at leading pharmaceutical companies, including GSK and AstraZeneca.