Home » Press Releases
Thomson CenterWatch Publishes 2007 Edition of State of Clinical Trials Industry
BOSTON, MA–April 6, 2007, The 2007 edition features more than 100 completely new charts analyzing the clinical research enterprise along with hundreds more updated slides from our 2006 edition.
The Emerging Markets of Clinical Research is a comprehensive resource that provides original CenterWatch data on topics including: regulatory and business landscape, market intelligence, patient recruitment opportunities, investigator training and patient recruitment, CRO and pharmaceutical company strategies and experience, CRO opportunities, and size and growth of the emerging clinical research markets.
"Each year with our release of a new edition of State of the Clinical Trials Industry, clinical researchers, biotech and pharmaceutical executives, CRO executives and investment analysts look forward to using the new data charts in it for their own presentations-or for tracking the changes in the industry," said Dr. Mary Jo Lamberti, senior manager of Market Research at Thomson CenterWatch.
State of the Clinical Trials Industry 2007 is a comprehensive resource that examines all aspects of the clinical trials industry and provides original CenterWatch data. The 400-plus page bookpresents an overview of the following areas: clinical development; R&D spending; top biopharmaceutical companies and contract research organizations (CROs); the outsourcing market; the investigative site landscape; regulatory trends; and patient recruitment and retention issues.
State of the Clinical Trials Industry 2007 contains over 500 charts, graphs, and tables; a review of the top clinical research stories of 2006 as reported by the editorial staff of The CenterWatch Monthly; as well as drug pipeline information and updates on specific disease areas. Much of the data is based on CenterWatchs clinical research benchmarking surveys that have been conducted across global segments and represents an analysis of current sponsor and CRO practices.
Some of the data highlights of State of the Clinical Trials Industry 2007 include:
- Worldwide sales (within the pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotech sectors);
- Overall R&D spending and cycle times;
- Causes and costs associated with study delays;
- Trial success based on company size;
- CRO market size, costs and performance;
- Investigative site perceptions of sponsors and CROs within the US, Europe, and Latin America; and
- Regulatory submissions and approvals within the US and internationally.
Who needs the State of the Clinical Trials Industry 2007:
- Biotech and pharmaceutical companies heads of research,
- Business intelligence and market intelligence analysts for CROs, pharmaceutical and biotech companies and medical device companies,
- Competitive intelligence professionals,
- Portfolio managers, investment analysts, and hedge funds,
- CRO executives and business development directors,
- Trial management companies,
- Investigative sites
About Thomson CenterWatch
Thomson CenterWatch-a business of the Thomson Corporation-is a Boston-based publishing and information services company that focuses on the clinical trials industry. We provide a variety of publications and information services used by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, CROs, SMOs and investigative sites involved in the management and conduct of clinical trials. We are also a key part of Thomson Clinical Trial Solutions, integrating powerful services with Medstat, NexCura and New England IRB offering sponsors and CROs a streamlined solution for clinical trial planning, conducting and post-study needs.
For a comprehensive listing and detailed information about our publications and services, please visit our web site at www.centerwatch.com. You can also contact us at (866) 219-3440 for subscription and order information.
22 Thomson Place
Boston, MA 02114
Phone (617) 948-5100
Fax (617) 856-5901