CROs Driving Changes in Patient Recruitment
Published: January 2016 by CenterWatch
Major CROs now consider patient recruitment services, once used primarily to rescue under-enrolling studies, as a core activity in study planning. Providing strategies for patient recruitment has become critical to staying competitive in the marketplace.
The white paper delves into exactly how, and to what extent, large CROs and stand-alone patient recruitment companies are jockeying for exposure:
- Large CROs have moved into the space as the entire industry redefines patient recruitment practice with new technologies and strategies.
- Electronic medical records and other patient data sources have allowed more effective and cost-efficient targeting of patients.
- The internet and mobile devices have opened more channels for raising awareness about clinical trials and communicating with patients.
- Stand-alone patient recruitment companies are stepping up tactics and developing innovative ways to reach potential patients in order to compete in the changing landscape.
- The landscape will continue to evolve because patient recruitment remains one of the biggest challenges in clinical research.
Learn more »