The story of Shepherd Clinical Research begins in 1981 when Dr. Timothy Shepherd started a private family practice. Since that time, Dr. Shepherd has established himself in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area as a successful Family Practice doctor. When two additional providers joined his growing practice in 2009, Dr. Shepherd was able to expand his practice to include clinical research studies. With over 30 years of clinical experience, Dr. Shepherd has provided excellent oversight and leadership as a Principle Investigator. Our site remains affiliated with Dr. Shepherd’s private practice and utilizes this affiliation in locating potential subjects for studies. We have proven to be very successful in recruiting and retaining subjects while still providing quality data. Shepherd Clinical Research has "Five Core Values", which are the foundation for the research conducted at our site:
- Commitment to Good Clinical Practice — Each staff memberis certified in GCP and Dr. Shepherd personally confirms that every staff member understands the expectations of GCP.
- Principle Investigator Oversight — Dr. Shepherd understands and prioritizes the role of overseeing all work performed at Shepherd Clinical Research.
- Subject/Site Relationship — With over 10,000 patients in our database, Shepherd Clinical Research recognizes the importance of maintaining relationships as well as creating new ones.
- Commitment to Quality — Shepherd Clinical Research recognizes that the success of any clinical trial is dependent upon the consistency and quality of the data collected.
- Commitment to Ongoing Education and Improvement — Shepherd Clinical Research understands that clinical research requires ongoing education of site staff and continuous improvement of site practices.
Number of Studies Conducted: 6
Number of Studies Actually Completed: 2
Number of Active Patients in the Database: 10000+
Regulatory Submission Turn-Around Time: 4 Business Day(s)
Average Number of Total Patients Enrolled: 35
Average Percent of Total Patients Randomized: 95%
Average Percent of ‘Completed’ Studies that met Enrollment Goals: 100%
EDC Capabilities: Yes
Clinical Research Experience
Dr. Shepherd has over 30 years of experience practicing medicine and 5 years dedicated to clinical research. Shepherd Clinical Research, LLC has research experience with multiple indications, including: Alzheimer's Disease, Asthma, COPD, Migraines, and Diabetes. Additionally, our site has worked with multiple Sponsors and CROs, such as:
- Merck, Sharp, & Dohme Corp.
- Danone International
- Mylan Specialty
- Parexel International
- Syreon Corp.
- TopStone Research
Our research site is a private outpatient facility.
Our building is accessible by public bus transportation through the Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA).
- Full Laboratory: Blood Draws, Injections, Urine screens, etc. (Site affiliated with LabCorp and Quest Laboratories)
- Electronic Medical Records
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI)
- Spirometry (PFT's)
- Stress Test
- Onsite Broadband Internet Connections:Wi-Fi and DSL
- Spacious CRA Accommodations for Monitoring Visits
- Affiliation with Local Pharmacy
- Drug Storage – Secure, double locked with temperature monitor and alert system
Central IRB Compatible
- Site Accessible by Public Bus Transportation
Dr. Tim Shepherd — Principal Investigator
Dr. Shepherd has four years of experience as a principal investigator in clinical research. He has participated in research studies focused around Alzheimer's Disease, Migraines, Asthma, and COPD.
Residency — St. Paul Hospital, Dallas, TX, 1981
M.D. — Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA, 1978
B.A. — Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA, 1974, Summa cum laude
Fellow of the American Academy of Family Physicians, Since 1985
Diplomat AMBS of Hospice and Palliative Medicine, Since 2011
Diplomat of the American Board of Family Practice, Since 1983
Certified by Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, Since 1979
Certified by National Board of Medical Examiners, Since 1979
At Shepherd Clinical Research, our Clinical Research Coordinators understand how their role is critical to the success of the studies conducted at our site. From handling the endless administrative responsibilities to developing effective relations with subjects, Sponsors, CRAs, CMAs, and other study personnel, our CRCs are self-motivated, detail-oriented individuals who understand their role under Dr. Shepherd’s oversight.
Dr. Mahmoud Kabiri DVM, Ph.D - Director of Research.
Kevin has been a research coordinator since December of 2008. He has coordinated a variety of studies and his experience as a coordinator includes working on studies related to Alzheimer's disease, Schizophrenia, Bipolar, Depression, Migraines, Asthma, and COPD.
Daniel Burch - Research Coordinator
Daniel has worked in clinical research for the past year and has proven to be an effective coordinator. He is currently a pre-med student at the University of North Texas.
Nick Linares - Senior and Lead Research Coordinator
Dr. Shepherd is a leading physician in the Dallas-Fort WorthMetroplex. His commitment to providing the most quality care for patients has allowed him to build one of the largest practices in DFW.
Patients in Database:
If you are interested in contacting this center to discuss placing a clinical
trial there, please complete and send the email form below. A representative from
the research center will then follow up with you.