Research Center Profile:
Franciscan St. Francis Health
The vision of Franciscan St. Francis Health is, “Leading the way to a healthier Indiana,” and one important part of that vision is leading and participating as a top-performing site in clinical research trials. Our administration, physicians, and allied health professionals believe that today’s research will lead the way to tomorrow’s treatments.
The centralized Office of Research Services supports clinical research across all therapeutic disciplines, providing a single point of contact for study start-up and conduct. If you are interested in working with a world-class health care system, contact the Franciscan St. Francis Health Office of Research Services today to discuss how we can support your research pipeline.
Franciscan St. Francis Health, a four-hospital health system in suburban Indianapolis, is a member of the 14-hospital Franciscan Alliance that is linked through a single eMR system designed to support integrated research operations. Franciscan St. Francis Health operates 600 licensed beds, 20 primary care clinics, and 35 specialty clinics, supported by an affiliated medical group boasting more than 135 physicians.
The investigators at Franciscan St. Francis Health each have five or more years of experience in leading clinical trials with expertise in a broad range of therapeutic areas, including:
- Cardiology, include Interventional Cardiology and Electrophysiology
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Family Medicine
- Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplant
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Medical and Radiation Oncology
- Orthopaedic Surgery and Joint Replacement Surgery
- Rheumatology / Osteoporosis Care
- Surgical Oncology (Breast, Colorectal, Gynecologic, Lung)
Heather Kemp, MBA, CCRP
Director of Research Services
Therapeutic Experience: Oncology, Hematology, Cardiology, Critical Care Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Infectious Disease, Gastroenterology, Pharmacy, Nursing, Trauma, Surgery
Diane Richardson, BS, CCRP
Manager of Research Operations
Therapeutic Experience: Cardiology, Hematology, Oncology, Surgery
Kathryn LaPrees, BS, CCRP
Manager of Research Compliance
Therapeutic Experience: Hematology, Oncology, Surgery
Dedicated Research Staff:
- Study Coordinators – 9
- Data Coordinators – 3
- Regulatory Coordinators – 3
- Financial Coordinators – 2
- CITI Program Human Subjects Protection and Good Clinical Practice (Tri-Annual)
- Clinical Research Certification Prep (ACRP/SoCRA); Certification Examination Reimbursement
- IATA/Hazardous Materials Shipping (Bi-Annual)
- Lean and Six Sigma Process Improvement Methodologies
Franciscan St. Francis Health draws patients from around the state of Indiana and averages 2,000 inpatient admissions and 40,000 outpatient visits every month. Each of the investigators at Franciscan St. Francis Health maintains a robust clinical practice, from which they recruit patients for enrollment into clinical trials; this decreases recruitment costs, accellerates enrollment, and increases patient retention.
If you are interested in contacting this center to discuss placing a clinical
trial there, please complete and send the email form below. A representative from
the research center will then follow up with you.