Research Center Profile:
Infections and Infectious Diseases
Obstetrics/Gynecology (Women’s Health)
Beyer Research is a full-time dedicated state-of-the-art research facility that has been conducting clinical trials since 2000.
Located in Paw Paw, MI from 2000-Oct. 2010, we just moved in to a newly built 7,000 sq. ft facility conveniently located in Kalamazoo near two major Intra-state highways and less than 10 minutes from Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport.
Since 2000, Beyer Research has conducted Phase II-IV clinical trials in the following therapeutic areas:
- Contraceptives (pill, patch, and IUD)
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Pain Control & Pain Management
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Opioid-Induced Constipation
- Hypertension and Pre-Hypertension
- Infectious Disease
- Menopause/Hot Flushes
- Endometrial Hyperplasia
- Hyposexual Desire Disorder (HSDD)
- Vaginal Prolapse Repair Surgery
- HPV Infections
- Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Overactive Bladder
- Respiratory Tract Infections
Beyer Research boasts a spacious 7,000 sq. ft. newly constructed research facility.
- We specialize in Phase II-IV outpatient clinical trials.
- We currently have 7 exam rooms and 2 procedure rooms in which we perform the following procedures:
- Transvaginal Ultrasounds
- 3D Ultrasounds
- SIS (Saline Infused Sonohystogram)
- UDS (Urodynamics Testing)
- Endometrial Biopsy
- Hysteroscope D&C
- In addition to the equipment used in the above procedures, we also have on-site:
- EKG machines
- Lockable Refrigerator
- -20 Freezer
- Dry Ice
- Wireless Internet Access for monitors/sponsors
- Private Monitoring work area
- Long-term storage and archive
- Two locked, climate-controlled, drug closets with double-lock capacity
- We are located just two miles from access to DXA scans, CT scans, mammograms, and MRIs
Our primary Principal Investigator is Dr. Roger Beyer, M.D., Ph.D, F.A.C.O.G.
Dr. Beyer has the following Certifications:
2006 Certified Physician Investigator, Association of Clinical Research Professionals
1985 Fellow, Board Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology, American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Beyer is also an active member in the following Professional Societies:
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists;
- Association of Clinical Research Professionals;
- American Urogynecologic Society;
- International Urogynecological Association;
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Fellow;
- International Society for Study of Women’s Sexual Health;
- American Medical Association;
- Michigan State Medical Society;
- Van Buren County Medical Society
Dr. Beyer has been involved in research for over 35 years and has had several dozen publications, abstracts, and posters published to his credit.
Beyer Research also has three full-time Sub-Investigators who are licensed Nurse Practitioners and have a combined 18 years experience in conducting clinical research trials.
Beyer Research currently has three full-time study coordinators with a combined 20+ years experience in clinical research, quality assurance, and clinical monitoring.
Beyer Research has a full-time regulatory manager who has been with us for 3 years, and provides a quick turnaround time on all regulatory documents and contracts.
Kalamazoo County is home to over 248,000 residents.
51.5 % are female
22.1 % are under age 18
12.1 % are over age 65
84.9 % are of white ethnicity
10.1 % are of African-American ethnicity
3.6 % are of Hispanic or Latino ethnicity
Information from 2009 U.S. Census Bureau
Beyer Research uses primarily a central IRB
If you are interested in contacting this center to discuss placing a clinical
trial there, please complete and send the email form below. A representative from
the research center will then follow up with you.