Research Center Profile:
Tower Pointe Research Center
Tower Pointe Research Center is a privately owned and operated investigational site specializing in phase II, III and IV clinical trials for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Tower Pointe Research Center is an independent research center based on a 11 physician multi-specialty private practice representing a patient population of approximately 66,000. Our mission is to provide the best health care possible in a kind and caring environment, while respecting the rights of all patients, in a cost-effective approach, at times and locations convenient to the patient. We pride ourselves on our personal relationships with our patients as well as the comprehensive services we provide. Our compassionate, motivated and knowledgeable team of physicians and staff are dedicated to achieving the standards of excellence. We have positioned ourselves to cover a wide array of studies in multiple therapeutic areas. Our physicians are all board certified and have many years of experience treating a wide range of medical conditions. With each study we provide exceptional staff, study space and equipment.
Tower Pointe Research Center has successfully completed a number of Phase II - IV pharmaceutical drug trials. Having a large number of family medicine patients in our database and maintaining a close relationship with many local physicians facilitates enrollment in multiple therapeutic areas. Our investigators have participated in trials for type II diabetes, insomnia, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), gout, respiratory infections, hypertension, antidepressant, and antibiotic use. We have particular interest in the areas of Cardiology, Vascular Diseases, Neurology, Pulmonary and Respiratory Diseases, Musculoskeletal, Nephrology, and General Practice Medicine. We pride ourselves in providing rapid enrollment and cost-efficient clinical trials.
Tower Pointe Research Center is located within Piedmont Health Group’s Tower Pointe Medical Center. We operate within a 45,000 square ft. facility which includes PHG's multi-specialty practice involving Family Medicine, Neurology, Pediatrics, Diagnostic and Imaging, Center for Sleep Disorders with a six bed sleep lab, Occupational Medicine, Counseling services, and Medical Spa. Tower Pointe Medical Center also houses Quest Diagnostics, Cardiosom of the Piedmont, Premier Surgical, Greenwood Sports and Industrial Rehab, Pain Management, and even a coffee shop. Tower Pointe Research Center is easily accessible to nearby Greenville-Spartanburg International airport and Columbia Metropolitan airport.
Diagnostic Capabilities & Equipment:
- MRI/MRA scan
- Multi-slice CT scan
- Vascular Ultrasound
- Transvaginal Ultrasound
- General Ultrasound
- Transcranial Doppler and Carotid duplex studies
- Digital X-ray
- Nuclear medicine
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) standard and ambulatory
- Somatosensory Evoked Potential Studies (SSEP)
- Electromyogram (EMG) Nerve Conduction Studies
- Tensilon testing
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic lumbar punctures
- Peripheral nerve blocks and pain management
- Holter monitoring
- Exercise stress testing
- 12-lead Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Pulse Oximetry
- IV infusions and therapy
- On-site laboratory testing
- Cervical and Endometrial biopsies
- Spirometry and Pulmonary Function Testing
- FIT testing
- Titmus vision testing
- Audiometry testing
DOT and Non-DOT drug testing – urine, hair, and salivaFacility:
- Center for Sleep Disorders – featuring a 6 bed American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) accredited sleep lab.
- -20 C freezer and Refrigerator
- Emergency equipment and Emergency cart
- CLIA certified lab (PPMP)
- All staff is CPR and AED certified
- Norton Audits Certified Clinical Research Coordinators and Investigators
- Secured Drug Storage (room temperature & refrigerated)
- Secured climate-controlled storage for study records
- Dedicated monitor space with wired & wireless internet, telephone, fax and copier
- Easy access off major highway for patients and sponsors
- Back-up Generator
Acute Care Medical Center located 1 mile away
- Dennis W. Murphy, M.D. – Dr. Murphy is Board Certified in Family Medicine and graduated from the University of Miami School of Medicine - Miami, Florida
- E. David Riley, M.D. – Dr. Riley is Board Certified in Family Medicine and graduated from the University of Alabama School of Medicine - Birmingham, Alabama
- William E. Fowler, M.D. – Dr. Fowler is Board Certified in Family Medicine and graduated from East Carolina University – Greenville, North Carolina
- Oliver T. Willard, M.D. – Dr. Willard is Board Certified in Family Medicine and graduated from the Medical University of South Carolina – Charleston, South Carolina
- Wayne B. Sida, M.D. – Dr. Sida is Board Certified in the American Academy of Psychiatry and Neurology and on the National Board of Medical Examiners. Dr. Sida graduated from the Medical College of Georgia – Augusta, Georgia
Piedmont Health Group, LLC has offices conveniently located in Greenwood, Hodges, and Ninety Six, SC. Tower Pointe Research Center and Piedmont Health Group, LLC serve the Lakelands region of South Carolina, an area comprised of Greenwood, McCormick, Edgefield, Laurens, Newberry, Abbeville, and Saluda counties with a total population of 258,563 residents. PHG currently has an electronic database of approximately 66,000 patients and growing every day.
Tower Pointe Research Center works together with a Central IRB. We are a Good Clinical Practice (GCP)-compliant investigational site and meet all International Air Transport Association (IATA) standards to ensure the safe packaging and shipping of clinical specimens.
Piedmont Health Group (PHG) is a multi-specialty medical practice consisting of eleven Family Physicians, two Neurologists, three Pediatricians, two Nurse Practitioners, and over 150 support staff including nurses, counselors, medical assistants, and a diverse group of imaging technologists and administrative staff.
If you are interested in contacting this center to discuss placing a clinical
trial there, please complete and send the email form below. A representative from
the research center will then follow up with you.