Research Center Profile:
Orlando Clinical Research Center
Nutrition and Weight Loss
Scope of Services
- First Time in Man Safety/Tolerance
- Drug Interactions
- Metabolic Balance
- Clinical Efficacy and Safety
- Dose Ranging and Definition
- Special Populations
- Claims and Labeling Support
- Post Marketing Studies
- Rx to OTC Conversion
OCRC has expertise in evaluating products and conducting
research trials in the following areas of study:
- Anti-Infective (outpatient)
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Weight Loss
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Smoking Cessation
Our streamlined and thorough planning, coordination and
monitoring process ensures both efficiency and exacting quality. At
- Enjoyed a close working relationship with IRBs so your research
protocol can be reviewed and implemented in a timely manner.
- Appoint a coordinator who is familiar with every aspect of your
protocol to be a one-call source of information for you.
- Support you in developing protocols by defining clinical
- Implement a recruiting and scheduling deadline that will meet
your milestone needs.
- Provide outstanding patient care under the personal supervision
of Dr. Marbury.
- Adhere strictly to all GCP and GLP guidelines.
- Update your project daily and inform you quickly and accurately
about any adverse events.
Orlando Clinical Research Center (OCRC) is an independent Phase
I-IV custom built 35,000 SF research site specifically designed for
Phase 1 trials. The new facility includes 100 in-house volunteer
beds, dual lead digital telemetry, an upgraded security system with
card key access and digitally recorded cameras, as well as a
special treatment area with 12 hospital beds (6 of which are
plumbed for onsite hemodialysis).
- 100 beds for subject confinement
- Separate accommodations for men and women
- Recreational amenities:
- Pool table
- computer room with high speed and modem internet
- Direct TV
- Cable TV in all rooms
- VCR and DVD Players
- 24 hour medical coverage
- Private Client Monitoring Room
- 12 exam rooms
- Large special Treatment Lab with 12 hospital bed (6 are plumbed
- Certified sample processing laboratory
- Freezers: 2 (-70°C) and 2 (-20 & C)
- Refrigerated Centrifuge
- Computerized EKG machines
- Registered Dietitian Consultant
Orlando is one of the fast-growing cities in the U.S. and the
million-plus metro-area population encompasses all major
demographic groups for patient populations.
OCRC has a broad participant base that is continually augmented
and replenished by a highly successful recruiting program that taps
private practices and local hospitals, universities and retirement
- Healthy volunteers
- Renal Insufficiency
- Hepatic Dysfunction
- Symptomatic Volunteers
In the initial phase of a project, OCRC will work with you to
ensure complete agreement as to a study's goals and its timely
completion. We can provide scientifically valid protocols, and
design original source documents to assure data accuracy and
facilitate information gathering.
OCRC's experienced professionals provide rapid and accurate
data reporting and entry. We are time sensitive and have a record
of initiating studies within two weeks of final protocol and
Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval. OCRC utilizes multiple
FDA-inspected IRBs to assure that all protocols protect the rights
of clinical research subjects.
Reliable Data Information
We use both conventional CRF and remote data entry
simultaneously, so you may choose the method that works best for
We also employ the latest data capture methods - including
scanned images/OCR - as well as traditional data transfer.
Most importantly, OCRC has received very satisfactory reviews on
audits conducted by our sponsors and by the FDA.
If you are interested in contacting this center to discuss placing a clinical
trial there, please complete and send the email form below. A representative from
the research center will then follow up with you.