Research Center Profile:
Vital Prospects Clinical Research Institute, P.C.
Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose, Throat)
Vital Prospects Clinical Research Institute, P.C. is a dedicated
research center located in Tulsa, OK in the Saint Francis Health
System complex. Founded in 2007, we have become a premier research
center for the Tulsa area. We are committed to promoting patient
care through the research of innovative therapies. We serve as an
educational resource for patients as well as health care
Beginning in 2007, Vital Prospects Clinical Research Institute,
P.C. has conducted several clinical studies and plans expand to
conduct phase II, III, and IV clinical studies in a variety of
therapeutic areas including:
- Pharmacokinetic and pulmonary deposition studies.
- Medical devices
- Family medicine
- General internal medicine
Our research facilities in Tulsa offer the following
- Dedicated workstations to accommodate monitor visits.
- Capability to easily accommodate extended patient stays up to
12 hours, including IV infusion studies.
- Extensive experience with pulmonary function testing including
bronchoprovocation studies (using exercise, histamine,
methacholine, or antigen).
- Daily pollen counts are available for allergy studies. We have
high pollen counts of mountain cedar, grasses, ragweed and
- Access to expanded radiology services including CT scan and
bone densitometry diagnostic studies.
- Cold centrifuge available for laboratory sample processing as
well as freezer for laboratory sample storage at -20°C or -80°C for
pharmacokinetic studies (PK).
- Dry ice available to ship samples to central labs.
- ECG available on site in addition to experience in ambulatory
- Secured drug/device storage.
- Ability to use central IRB services.
- Emergency cart with all life-saving medications available
- Connected to St. Francis ER by walkway.
- Class 6.2 compliance certified for IATA, DOT and USPS.
- Electronic Medical Records for easy access to medical
- Our electronic database is used to select a specific study
population by demographic, disease, and medications criteria.
- We specialize in minority groups and hard to enroll trails
Iftikhar Hussain, M.D.
- Certified Clinical Investigator by ACRP and APPI,
- Board certified Internal Medicine and Allergy &
Jahangir Khan, M.D.
- GCP certified by ACRP
- Board certified Family Medicine
Our professional, friendly staff makes a study at Vital
Prospects Clinical Research Institute, P.C. a positive experience
for research volunteer and sponsor alike. Our commitment to quality
is reflected by:
- Qualified Investigators
- Two research coordinators with 10 combined years of experience
in the medical field
- Full-time Regulatory/Quality Assurance Manager
- Focus on patient care and education
- Strict adherence to Good Clinical Practices and ICH
- Speedy resolution of administrative and regulatory matters
- Accurate completion of case report forms, experience with
remote data entry and electronic data capture (EDC)
- Experience using local and centralized labs
Affiliated with a private medical practice of a board-certified
internist specializing in allergy, asthma, and immunology. Vital
Prospects Clinical Research Institute, P.C. is located in the
Tulsa, OK. We have a population in of 897,752 in the Tulsa
Metropolitan Statistical Area. In 2006, the racial makeup of the
city was 70.09% Caucasian, 15.47% African American, 4.72% Native
American, 1.82% Asian, 0.05% Pacific Islander, 3.45% from other
races, and 4.40% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino persons
of any race formed at least 7.15% of the population with possibly
more unregistered persons living within the city. The Clinical
Research Center has both pediatric and adult patients in our
database. Our center specializes in phase II-IV studies with
special interest in respiratory diseases or various allergic
conditions. Our center is proud of its many, diversified subjects
from Indian Reservations, Tulsa County and other Oklahoma counties
who are interested in participating in our studies.
If you are interested in contacting this center to discuss placing a clinical
trial there, please complete and send the email form below. A representative from
the research center will then follow up with you.