Research Center Profile:
IRC Clinics, Inc.
Infections and Infectious Diseases
IRC Clinics, Inc. is a full-service clinical research site. Our objective is to provide the highest quality clinical trial services for the drug development process in the Biotechnology, Medical Device and Pharmaceutical industries. To achieve our objective, we have developed a first-class facility and organized a well-qualified staff of professionals to provide inimitable expertise in the design, management and successful completion of clinical research studies.
Number of Studies Conducted: 180
Number of Active Patients in the Database: 3,500
Regulatory Submission Turn-Around Time: 3 Business Day(s)
EDC Capabilities: Yes
IRC Clinics has conducted over 175 clinical research studies in the following therapeutic areas:
- Alternative Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Women's Health
IRC Clinics is a devoted clinical research site located in Towson, MD, which is the northern suburb of Baltimore City. Our unique location provides us with access to a potential volunteer pool of 2.6 million habitants and places us within close proximity to 9 community hospitals and 7 colleges.
- Professional Staff: Medical Doctors, Registered Nurses, CNAs, Regulatory, and Recruitment
- Refrigerated centrifuge
- Laboratory with centrifuges and refrigerators
- Secure temperature and humidity controlled medication storage room
- -20° freezers
- Synchronized atomic clocks in all rooms
- Intravenous infusion pumps
- Central IRB capabilities
- TV lounge
- Ample Free parking
- First-in-human administration
- Specialized therapeutic populations
- Bioequivalence & Bioavailability
- Dose finding safety
- Cardiac Safety
Routes of Administration
- Dermal (Topical and transdermal)
- Injectable (IV, IM, and subcutaneous)
- Nasal (Inhalant and intranasal)
- PO (Oral, buccal, and sublingual)
Alberto Yataco, MD
Dr. Alberto Yataco is a physician scientist with extensive experience in patient care and clinical research. A medical graduate from Cayetano Heredia University, he completed his training in Internal Medicine and Gerontology at Union Memorial Hospital and University of Maryland. He has successfully participated in over 165 clinical trials in the past 10 years.
Gregory Pokrywka, MD FACP FNLA NCMP
Dr. Pokrywka is a Board-Certified Internist fromBaltimore/Towson, Md. He attended Duke University, worked as a biochemist, attended University ofMaryland Medical School and was Chief Resident in Internal Medicine at Mercy Hospital, Baltimore. Hehas been in private practice since 1987 and formed the Baltimore Lipid Center in 2001. Dr Pokrywka now serves asAssistant Professor for the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and serves on the National Lecture Bureausof multiple pharmaceutical companies.
IRC Clinics has a multidisciplinary team of dedicated allied health professionals that offers a vast amount of experience in a variety of therapeutic areas and have received the following certifications:
- IRC Clinics SOPs
IRC Clinics is capable of recruiting a variety of patient populations throughout the metropolitan area of Baltimore and surrounding Maryland counties to achieve and exceed study recruitment goals.
- IRC Clinics has a recruitment team responsible for study enrollment. Recruitment is the basis of a successful clinical research trial. Every study requires its own recruitment strategy and with this concept in mind we are able to customize our strategy to offer you rapid, accurate and consistent enrollment. Our recruitment strategy is dynamic and we are capable of modifying it within hours of detecting a decrease in enrollment since all of our advertising and recruitment venues are subject to metric evaluations.
Other interesting facts about IRC include:
- Able to work with Central IRBs and Central Laboratories
- EDC and IVRS Experienced
- Secured off site long term storage
If you are interested in contacting this center to discuss placing a clinical
trial there, please complete and send the email form below. A representative from
the research center will then follow up with you.