Research Center Profile:
Texas Neurology, PA
Welcome to Texas Neurology
Mission statement: "To serve our patients, physicians, colleagues and students by providing the highest quality of neurological care, consultative services and educational opportunities."
Texas Neurology has a long, rich tradition of excellence in clinical research. We are staffed with a team of physicians with over 40 years of combined experience in pharmaceutical research who are committed to advancing medical science through research.
Texas Neurology has developed the following specialty centers: ALS Center, Clinical Research Department, Electrodiagnostic Clinic, Epilepsy Center, Fibromyalgia Center, Headache Institute, Imaging Center, Infusion Clinic, Multiple Sclerosis Center, and Sleep Disorders Center. These centers offer patients a participatory role in developing new medicines and treatments through ongoing research programs.
The investigators at Texas Neurology have experience conducting clinical trials in the following
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Parkinson's disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disease
We are constantly striving to expand our areas of neurological research so that we may offer our patients the most advanced treatment available.
The following equipment and services are available on-site at Texas Neurology to help facilitate the conduct of clinical research:
- Seven-certified neurologists
- Three licensed physician assistants and Six licensed nurse practitioners
- Five dedicated infusion nurses
- CLIA-certified laboratory
- Monitored -20° freezer and -80° freezer
- Liquid nitrogen storage
- Biohazard Hood
- IATA trained staff
- Sleep lab/PSGs
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging - 3.0T and 1.5T
- Room temperature and refrigerated storage areas for investigational product which are secure and monitored
- Dedicated areas for research monitors
Our physician investigators are:
- Gary Tunell, MD
- Steven Herzog, MD
- Alan W. Martin, MD
- N. Bruce Jenevein, MD
- Daragh Heitzman, MD
- Waleed H. El-Feky, MD
- C. Fish Greenfield, MD
A dedicated team of clinical research staff are available to manage trials from Phase I to Phase IV.
- Lori White, RN, MS, CRNI - Clinical Director with over thirty years of clinical experience
- Janine McCloskey, BSN, RN, CCRC - Clinical Research Manager with over 15 years of clinical research experience.
- LuAnn Tunell, BS - Clinical Research Coordinator with over two years of clinical research experience
- Shari Hand, BA, CCRC - Clinical Research Consultant with over seven years of clinical research experience
- Michelle Washington, NR-CMA - Clinical Research Assistant
- Sara Gonzales, BA - Clinical Research Coordinator with over 2 years clinical research experience
Texas Neurology has an extensive patient population with well over 10,000 in a combined patient database. Approximately 75% of our patients are between the ages of 20 – 60. These patients can be selected by diagnosis when required. Currently we have approximately 2600 Migraine patients, 2000 MS patients, 1400 Parkinson’s patients, and more than 1000 Alzheimer’s patients.
To learn more about Texas Neurology, please visit our website at: www.texasneurology.com.
If you are interested in contacting this center to discuss placing a clinical
trial there, please complete and send the email form below. A representative from
the research center will then follow up with you.