Research Center Profile:
Dybedal Clinical Research Center
Infections and Infectious Diseases
Located on the campus of Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences,
the Dybedal Clinical Research Center (CRC) is the first adult not-for-profit academic clinical research center in Kansas City, Mo. An emerging leader in advancing medical knowledge through clinical research, the Dybedal CRC is ideal for your next clinical study or drug trial.
The Dybedal CRC offers several distinct advantages:
- A facility designed specifically for phase 1-4 human clinical research
- Adult research subjects from a wide demographic
- ACRP-certified staff
- Sponsor IRB approved
- Flexibility, experience and commitment to excellence in both long and short-term trials
KCUMB’s Dybedal Center for Clinical Research (CRC) is dedicated to
safeguarding the rights, welfare and dignity of all study
participants. It operates as a central facility to provide
practicing physicians, medical students, graduate students and
paramedical personnel an environment to conduct patient-based
research. Through facilitating collaborations between clinical
faculty, academic investigators and basic scientists, the Dybedal
CRC serves to support the development of new medical therapies
through multidisciplinary teams.
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Chronic Low Back Pain
- Gastro-esophageal Reflux
- Infectious Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Reactive Airway Disorder
- Respiratory Tract Infections
Sponsors and Contract Research Organizations
- Abbott Labs
- Boehringer-Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Charles Rivers Clinical Sciences
- CPL Associates
- Napo Pharmaceuticals
- PPD Pharmaco
- Roche Pharmaceuticals
- United BioSource
The Dybedal Center for Clinical Research (CRC) is the first academic-based comprehensive research site in Kansas City, Mo. and is located on the campus of Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences. This 8,000 sq.ft. facility is a state-of-the-art environment for staff, volunteers, sponsors and clinical research associates.
The Dybedal Center for Clinical Research features:
- Six-bed multi-patient ward
- Two-bed semi-private room
- Two nursing stations
- Four private examination rooms,
- Exercise physiology room
- Dedicated patient lounge and kitchen
- Seven private offices
- 46 high-speed Internet ports at the nursing stations
- Furnished monitoring offices.
- Three technology-integrated conference rooms, specifically designed for site-initiation visits or investigator/staff seminars
Specialized equipment includes:
- -80° C Revco Ultima II 72 cubic feet freezer
- I-Stat blood analyzer
- -20° C Sanyo MSE MISTRAL 3000i high-capacity centrifuge
- -20° C upright refrigerator/freezers (2)
- Unico Power Spin LX centrifuge
- Becton-Dickinson Clay Adams Compact II centrifuge
- SeilerScope Microscope
- WelchAllyn CardioPerfect Workstation ST ECG Module
- WelchAllyn AT-10 Portable ECG/PFT machine
- WelchAllyn Ambulatory blood pressure monitor
- WelchAllyn PAN Optic ophthalmoscopes
- Initmus high-capacity shredder
- TRUE commercial refrigerator (1) and freezer (1)
- Fully stocked crash cart with WelchAllyn AED20
- Bionet CardioTouch 3000 EKG
The Dybedal Clinical Research Center has a dedicated staff of experienced, full-time
certified clinical research coordinators, a highly-qualified director of clinical research and board-certified physician investigators -- each committed to conducting successful clinical research. The team has vast experience in emergency and internal medicine, pulmonary, infectious diseases and other medical specialties.
As an academic based center, the Dybedal Clinical Research Center offers access to research subjects from a wide demographic. In addition to hundreds of medical students willing to take part in studies, participants are selected from the Greater Kansas City metropolitan area, which has a population of nearly two million.
Unlike many academic-based research centers, Dybedal Clinical Research Center is able to conduct clinical trials using a sponsor’s own Institutional Review Board and standardized marketing material. For non-commercial and phase 1 studies, our research team utilizes the federally assured Institutional Review Board at KCUMB.
About Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (KCUMB), a private, not-for-profit institution of higher education founded in 1916, is an integral part of the Greater Kansas City area.
The University is united in contributing to the advancement of knowledge through research and scholarly activities. KCUMB began conducting clinical research in 1992, and in 2005, opened the 45,000-square-foot Dybedal Center for Biosciences Research.
More than 900 students attend KCUMB’s Colleges of Biosciences and College of Osteopathic Medicine, which is the oldest medical school in Kansas City and the largest in Missouri. The University is a community of students and teachers; scientists and scholars; physicians and health care professionals; administrators and staff, who believe ability is gained through knowledge, integrity is learned by example and compassion and empathy are first received and then given. Our core values are coupled with exemplary basic sciences and clinical training.
If you are interested in contacting this center to discuss placing a clinical
trial there, please complete and send the email form below. A representative from
the research center will then follow up with you.