Research Center Profile:
Hematology-Oncology of Indiana, PC
- Well established, 6 physician practice with 20+ years of oncology experience
- St. Vincent Hospital affiliation
- Research center was founded in 2001 by the PI Ruemu Birhiray, MD
Our research site has extensive experience with Phase I-IV trials.
We have experience with the following trials:
- Breast Cancer
- Lymphoma (Hodgkins and Nonhodgkins)
- Non-Small cell lung cancer
- Small cell lung cancer
- Hematopoletic agents
Our site has worked with the following sponsor companies:
- Eli Lilly
- Schering-Plough, Inc.
- Stanford University
We have also done two phase II investigator initiated trials for breast cancer.
Our facility caters to the needs of the patient. We offer the following outpatient services:
- An infusion room with reclining chairs, and refreshments for chemotherapy patients.
- Comfortable waiting rooms.
- An onsite lab that can perform blood tests STAT.
- We are across the street from St. Vincent Hospital.
- We are across the street from public transportation.
- Free parking.
- There is a radiology center in the same building, therefore making it easily accessible to patients to have various tests completed.
We are located about 20 min. from the Indianapolis Airport. Our monitoring facility is a private workspace with a phone and computer accessibility.
Private Investigator: Ruemu Birhiray, MD
- 9 years research experience
- Oncology expertise
- Raymond Harwood, MD
- Dorinda Rouch MD
- Jenelle Miller, MD
- Thomas Schmidt, MD
- Daniel Milton, MD
Daphne Johnson RN, BSN
- 7 years research experience
- 14 years oncology experience
This is the most current information available of active patients.
We can use either a central IRB or the local St. Vincent IRB.
If you are interested in contacting this center to discuss placing a clinical
trial there, please complete and send the email form below. A representative from
the research center will then follow up with you.