Industry Provider Profiles
The Harrison Clinical Research Group
Company Type Services
The Harrison Clinical Research Group was founded in 1987 in Munich, Germany, by Dr. Francisco Harrison who studied medicine in Spain and the UK, completing his studies in Germany in the area of neuropharmacology. It remains today, one of the largest privately owned CROs, with over 300 personnel worldwide.
The Munich headquarters houses the Clinical Pharmacology Unit, an Out-Patient Clinic, International Clinical Operations, Data Management and Statistics, Quality Assurance and Auditing, Medical Writing and Investigational Product Packaging and Supplies Services.
Harrison Clinical Research (HCR) is an experienced full service CRO, with global operations and local expertise across 12 countries. Experienced staff provide a strong, dedicated team for client projects as a completely outsourced project, or as individual tasks, or together with client company staffs. HCR has conducted studies in all major therapeutic areas and in all classes of products. It was one of the first CROs to be awarded the ISO 9001:2000 certificate, in 1998, for excellence in quality management for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and food industries. This has since been updated to ISO 9001:2008. Harrison Clinical Research has also been awarded the Gold award by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance for 10 years of certified compliance with ISO 9011 standards.
Harrison Clinical Research has offices, carrying out Phase I-IV studies and local consultancy, in 12 countries.
- Germany (1987)
- UK (1991)
- Benelux, where the training dept and IMP services are located (1996)
- Israel, (1998)
- Spain (2000)
- France (2000)
- Italy (2002)
- Austria, serving Eastern Europe (2004)
- Russia (2007)
- Ukraine (2007)
- Poland (2007)
- USA, HCRAmerica (2008)
HCR has strategic teaming agreements with CROs in Japan, Canada, Scandinavia, India, South Korea and Australia and clinical research partners in Argentina, Hungary, Portugal/Spain and Australia.
- Phase I-IIa studies, offering first administration to man, proof-of-concept studies, single and multiple dose, tolerance, interaction, PK, PD, bioequivalence, QT and efficacy studies and studies in nutritional medicine
- Phase II-IV studies with a pan-European or global range
- Project Management
- EDC, e-CRF and e-diary services
- Data Management and Statistics
- Quality Assurance and Auditing
- Regulatory affairs and Trial application services
- Investigational product packaging and supplies services
- IMP services
- Medical writing and Translations
- Harrison globalises and localises - deriving benefits from the intersections between global activities and local know-how
- Harrison standardises and innovates, endeavouring to prevent consistency from becoming stifling conformity
- Harrison not only fosters a common universal culture but also respects individual differences, seeking inclusion and diversity
Four subsidiaries complete the drug development spectrum of Harrison Clinical Research.
Verius UK Ltd, is a drug and healthcare product development company, which covers all aspects of regulatory affairs, encompassing manufacturing and quality, non-clinical and clinical affairs, new and existing molecules, biologicals and novel technologies and devices and pharmacovigilence. Verius is ICH compliant and cooperates with all national agencies in Europe, North America, Japan and elsewhere. (www.Verius.co.uk)
The European Centre for Clinical Research Training, (ECCRT), in Brussels, Belgium, was ISO 9001:2000 certified in 2004. It provides extensive training courses tailor made for clinical research personnel in all aspects of clinical research. Courses are carried out in different languages and can be adapted to the need of each participant or organisation. (www.ECCRT.com)
I.D.E.A. Ltd, a UK based company, arranges EU representation for those companies operating outside of the European Union.
Engaged Audit Services, based in Germany, is an extension of the excellent and renowned in-house auditing services. It provides a full range of services, including the preparation, conduct, documentation and follow-up and certification of site and system audits.
Visit the Harrison Clinical Research Website at www.harrisonclinical.com.
The Harrison Clinical Research Group
(49) - 89 - 126680 - 0
(49) 89 - 126680 - 2444 (fax)
If you are interested in contacting this company, please complete and submit the form below. A representative from the company will follow up with you.