Industry Provider Profiles
Medpace Clinical Pharmacology
Company Type Services
The Medpace Clinical Pharmacology Unit (Medpace CPU) focuses on Phase I and IIa confined / controlled pharmacokinetic / pharmacodynamic studies utilizing special patient populations, and healthy volunteers with first-in-human capability.
The Medpace CPU, a 65-bed research facility, provides a full range of clinical research services, including clinical protocol design and development, pharmacokinetic, drug development consulting, project management, data management, statistics, and medical writing.
In addition, the Medpace CPU offers a wide range of study capabilities including:
- Dose escalation
- Dose response
- Drug interaction
- Food effect
- Single/multiple dose
- First in man
- Thorough QT/QTc
In keeping with the Medpace approach of providing therapeutically focused clinical development services, the Medpace CPU focuses on defined subject populations and therapeutic areas. The dedicated subject recruitment division -- in cooperation with the renowned Metabolic and Atherosclerosis Research Center (MARC) led by Dr. Evan Stein -- facilitates efficient recruitment of these populations.
Areas of focus include:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Metabolic syndrome
- Cardiovascular disease
The Medpace CPU is centrally located in Cincinnati, Ohio, approximately 20 miles from the Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky International Airport.
Site features include:
- 30,000-square-foot facility with two units
- Total of 65 beds
- Three hospitals within five miles
- On-site secured, monitored Investigational Drug Service/Pharmacy
- On-site core ECG laboratory -- official Mortara partner
- Electronic data capture -- validated CFR Part 11 compliant
- Subject recruitment division with a searchable electronic database
- 24-hour availability of certified advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) personnel
- Master clocks with GPS synchronization to atomic time
- Abundant parking for staff and volunteers
- Public transportation within four blocks
- Generator back-up for continual power supply
- On-site clinical safety laboratory
The Medpace CPU is part of the Medpace corporate campus, providing close proximity to the services of the Medpace group of companies, including Medpace Reference Laboratories (MRL), Medpace Bioanalytical Laboratories (MBL), and the Medpace core ECG laboratory. All data from the Medpace CPU, MBL, MRL and the core ECG lab are integrated into ClinTrak®, the Medpace proprietary study management database, providing sponsors and study managers near real-time access to all critical study data.
The Medpace CPU features state-of-the-art diagnostic and surveillance equipment, including:
- 12-lead cardiac telemetry -- Mortara with 24-hour data storage capabilities
- Resting 12-lead Mortara ECGs
- Fully-stocked emergency crash cart with oxygen and suction pump devices
- Zoll M Series defibrillator and external pacing device
The unit also has the capacity for IV infusion/studies, Holter monitoring and pulmonary function testing.
Medpace CRO -- Phases IIb, III, IV clinical development
Medpace Clinical Pharmacology Unit (Medpace CPU) -- Phases I, IIa clinical development
Medpace Bioanalytical Laboratories (MBL) –- Providing bioanalytical services in all stages of drug development-from discovery to post-marketing.
Medpace Reference Laboratories (MRL) -- Centralized laboratory specializing in cardiovascular and metabolic studies
Imagepace -- Imaging core laboratory providing centralized image management, and reading.
For more information about the Medpace Clinical Pharmacology Unit, please contact Medpace at 513-366-3220.
For an exciting career move, visit
review our open positions in our career section.
Medpace Clinical Pharmacology
4685 Forest Ave, Suite B
Cincinnati, OH 45212
If you are interested in contacting this company, please complete and submit the form below. A representative from the company will follow up with you.