BIO launches 2015 Everyday Superhero Contest
Thursday, February 26, 2015
The Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) has announced a new contest aimed at recognizing biotech superheroes in the patient, industry and academic communities. Nominations will be accepted until March 5 for each of three categories: Patient/Patient Group, Pharma/Biotech and University/Research Institutions. Winners will be chosen by popular vote by March 31, and announced on site at the 2015 BIO International Convention, June 15-18 in Philadelphia, Pa.
“Every day, countless men and women are working tirelessly to heal, fuel and feed the world using the tools of biotechnology. Our goal with the Everyday Superhero contest is to recognize the outstanding accomplishments of these unsung heroes,” said Scott Whitaker, president of the BIO International Convention. “I encourage everyone to help us recognize those achievements by nominating their everyday heroes in the patient, industry, and academic communities.”
The winners will be recognized throughout the 2015 BIO International Convention, including:
- An email announcement to the entire BIO 2015 community
- Promotion on all BIO social media channels including a blog post on BIOtech-Now
- VIP access to Keynotes
- Opportunity to participate in a Buzz Center video interview
- A featured article in the BIO Buzz Official Show Daily.
Ideas for potential nominees include:
- A graduate student whose work in the lab has led to a new approach to treating a disease
- A patient whose dogged determination has brought important attention to the research being done to combat their disease
- A researcher at a start-up biotech whose ground-breaking science has created a therapy that will potentially save thousands of lives.
- Name, title, company and corporate headshot
- What makes them a biotech superhero? (100 word limit)
- If this individual could have any super power which would it be: Flight, Laser Vision, ESP, Superhuman Speed or Superhuman Strength?
For full details of the contest, please visit: http://convention.bio.org/superhero/