Mytrus launches innovation advisory board
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Mytrus, a provider of electronic informed consent and e-clinical technologies, has created a new Innovation Advisory Board comprised of industry experts to help shape the future of its clinical products and services.
“The members of our new innovation board have held key positions in the pharmaceutical industry throughout their careers and have a long tradition of innovating improvements in clinical research,” said Anthony Costello, Mytrus CEO, who also will serve on the innovation board.
Costello noted research shows how better informed and more engaged patients lead to better research data and faster drug development timelines. “This group of experts has long recognized the importance of patient centricity in research and their input into our line of clinical trials technologies will be invaluable in helping us break new ground in trial improvement,” he said.
The six board members are:
- Steven Cummings, co-founder and chief scientific officer of Mytrus, and Innovator-in-Residence at Roche–Genentech
- David G. Forster, JD, MA, CIP, chief compliance officer at WIRB-Copernicus Group
- Clay Johnston, M.D., Ph.D., dean of medicine at the new University of Texas Dell Medical School
- Garry Neil, global head of R&D at Medgenics and a founder/director and former CEO of TransCelerate Biopharma
- John Orloff, M.D., global head of clinical development at Merck Serono
- Jane Perlmutter, M.D., Ph.D., MBA, a psychologist and patient advocate on the CTTI on informed consent.