Recent Industry Personnel Changes
Monday, April 30, 2007
- Cambridge, Mass.-based CRO PROMETRIKA has hired Gretchen Richards to the role of director of clinical operations. In her new role, Richards will oversee the company’s new clinical management services group. The group will offer study assessment and planning, site selection, trial and regulatory management, and monitoring. Prior to joining the company, Richards served as director of clinical research at NUCRYST Pharmaceuticals and has held various roles at Parexel International, MacroChem, Hydridon, and Millennium Pharmaceuticals.
- Doylestown, Penn.-based ICON Medical Imaging, (formerly Beacon Bioscience) has made a series of appointments to its senior management team. The company appointed Kim Scanlan to senior vice president of clinical operations. Scanlan will be responsible for working closely with clients and regulatory authorities, and in developing strategic initiatives. David La Point has been named senior vice president of client services and Jean Frissora joined the company as vice president of sales. ICON MEDICAL Imaging is a division of the Dublin-based CRO ICON LLC.
- King of Prussia, Penn.-based Omnicare Clinical Research has promoted Deborah Brewer to the position of senior vice president of global sales, marketing and new business initiates. Her previous position at Omnicare was vice president of international sales and marketing. She been involved in the clinical research for over 25 years and has held various positions in the CRO industry.
- The Clinical Data Interchange Consortium (CDISC) has added two directors to its board, Christopher Chute, M.D., and Paula Brown Stafford. Chute is a professor and chair for the Biomedical Informatics Department at the Mayo Clinical College of Medicine. He’s worked with various technical committees on standardizing health information and vocabulary. Stafford is the executive vice president of global data management at Quintiles Transnational. She leads a 1,200 person team and manages a $100 million data management project for the company. Stafford will take the position of Chair of the Board’s Financial Oversight Committee. CDISC’s board has a total of 10 directors.
- Conshohocken, Penn.-based eClinical firm Fast Track Systems has hired Fredric Cohen, M.D. to the position of vice president of clinical strategy. Prior to joining Fast Track, Cohen held various positions at Eli Lilly, Johnson & Johnson and just recently was president of Pharma Growth Strategies. Cohen will remain president of PGS while serving at Fast Track.