Research Study Summary
A Phase 3b/4 Randomized Double Blind Placebo Controlled Study Of Methotrexate (Mtx) Withdrawal In Subjects With Rheumatoid Arthritis (ra) Treated With Tofacitinib 11mg Modified Release (mr) Formulation
This study is designed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of tofacitinib modified release formulation (11mg QD) versus tofacitinib modified release formulation plus continued methotrexate treatment in subjects with moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis who are insufficiently responding to their stable dose of methotrexate treatment.
To Learn more
CW ID: 223130
Date Last Changed:
February 16, 2017
Clinical Trial Snapshot
- Both Male and Female
- 18 and up
- Overall Status
- Facility Type
Key Inclusion Criteria
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Have a score of 6 or greater on the 2010 American College of Rheumatology/European League Against Rheumatism Classification Criteria for Rheumatoid Arthritis at and/or prior to Screening Visit.
- Have =4 tender/painful joints on motion and =4 swollen joints (28 joint counts) at both Screening Visit and Baseline Visit (Visit 1).
- Have moderate to severe disease activity as defined by CDAI>10 and DAS28-4(ESR) =3.2 at Baseline Visit.
- Have taken an oral MTX treatment regimen (15-25mg/week) continuously for at least 4 months prior to the screening visit and has taken a stable weekly dose of oral MTX with supplemental folic acid or folinic acid for at least 4 weeks prior to the baseline visit (conversion from parenteral MTX to oral MTX will require stabilization of the treatment regimen for at least 1 month).
- Subjects must screen negative for active tuberculosis or inadequately treated tuberculosis infection (active or latent).
Key Exclusion Criteria
- Pregnant female subjects; breastfeeding female subjects; male subjects with partners currently pregnant; male subjects able to father children and female subjects of childbearing potential who are unwilling or unable to use 2 highly effective methods of contraception as outlined in this protocol for the duration of the study and for at least 3 months after the last dose of investigational product.
- Subjects with infection or infection history; subjects with any current malignancy or a history of malignancy (except adequately treated or excised non-metastatic basal cell or squamous cell cancer of the skin or cervical carcinoma in situ); subjects with history of, or current evidence for, severe gastrointestinal narrowing (pathologic or iatrogenic); and subjects with history of documented diverticulitis.
- Subjects with a history of insufficient response to =2 biologics, regardless of the class.
DISCLAIMER: CenterWatch does not conduct clinical research.
CenterWatch is a publishing company that posts clinical trials information on behalf of sponsor companies,
contract research organizations, clinical research sites and other interested parties. This information
is designed to help patients find clinical trials of interest and contact the research centers
conducting the trials.