Research Study Summary
A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled and Delayed-Start Study of LY3314814 in Mild Alzheimer's Disease Dementia
The main purpose of this study is to evaluate the efficacy of the study drug known as LY3314814 in participants with mild Alzheimer's disease (AD) dementia.
To Learn more
CW ID: 222936
Date Last Changed:
February 15, 2017
Clinical Trial Snapshot
- Both Male and Female
- 55 to 85 Years
- Overall Status
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Facility Type
- Participant must meet the National Institute on Aging (NIA) and the Alzheimer's Association (AA) (NIA-AA) criteria for probable AD dementia.
- MMSE score of 20 to 26 inclusive at screening visit.
- For a diagnosis of mild AD dementia, participant must have a CDR global score of 0.5 or 1, with the memory box score =0.5 at screening.
- Evidence of amyloid pathology.
- The participant must have a reliable study partner with whom he/she cohabits or has regular contact.
- Significant and/or current neurological disease affecting the central nervous system, other than AD, that may affect cognition or ability to complete the study, including but not limited to, other dementias, repetitive head trauma, serious infection of the brain, Parkinson's disease, epilepsy, or cervicocranial vascular disease.
- Participants with any current primary psychiatric diagnosis other than AD if, in the judgment of the investigator, the psychiatric disorder or symptom is likely to confound interpretation of drug effect, affect cognitive assessment, or affect the participant's ability to complete the study. Participants with history of schizophrenia or other chronic psychosis are excluded.
- Within 1 year before the screening visit or between screening and randomization, any of the following: myocardial infarction; moderate or severe congestive heart failure, New York Heart Association class III or IV; hospitalization for, or symptoms of, unstable angina; syncope due to orthostatic hypotension or unexplained syncope; known significant structural heart disease (such as, significant valvular disease, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy); or hospitalization for arrhythmia.
- Congenital QT prolongation.
- Intermittent second- or third-degree atrioventricular (AV) heart block or AV dissociation or history of ventricular tachycardia.
- A corrected QT (QTcF) interval measurement >470 milliseconds (men and women) at screening (as determined at the investigational site).
- History of malignant cancer within the last 5 years.
- History of vitiligo and/or current evidence of post-inflammatory hypopigmentation.
- Calculated creatinine clearance <30 milliliters per minute (Cockcroft-Gault formula; Cockcroft and Gault 1976) at screening.
- Currently enrolled in any other clinical trial involving an investigational product or any other type of medical research judged not to be scientifically or medically compatible with this study.
DISCLAIMER: CenterWatch does not conduct clinical research.
CenterWatch is a publishing company that posts clinical trials information on behalf of sponsor companies,
contract research organizations, clinical research sites and other interested parties. This information
is designed to help patients find clinical trials of interest and contact the research centers
conducting the trials.