Home » Clinical Trials » Therapeutic Areas
Therapeutic Areas: Pulmonary/Respiratory Diseases | Immunology | Family Medicine
Disease Category: Allergies & Asthma
Location: United States, CA
Does your Child Suffer from Allergies?
If your child has seasonal allergies, he or she may be eligible to participate in a research study of an investigational allergy medication for nasal allergy symptoms (congestion/stuffy nose, sneezing, itchy nose/throat). Peninsula Research Associates is currently enrolling patients ages 6 - 11 with a history of seasonal allergies in a study to test the effectiveness of this medication.
All study related procedures provided at no charge including confidential study related physical exams and laboratory services, study medication, one-on-one physician visits, study follow-up, flexible appointment hours/minimum wait time and free skin prick testing if have not received it in the past 12 months.
No insurance necessary. Qualified participants will receive up to $600 in compensation for time and travel. Participation requires approximately 5 office visits over 2 months.
Patient Inclusion Criteria:
- 6 to 11 years-old.
- Gives written informed consent (parent/legal guardian) and assent (from the child).
- Is in general good health based on screening physical examination and medical history.
- Has a history of seasonal allergic rhinitis (SAR) to any relevant dominant seasonal allergen for a minimum of one to two years. The SAR must have been of sufficient severity to have required treatment (either continuous or intermittent) in the past and is expected to require treatment throughout the entire study period.
- Has a demonstrated sensitivity to a relevant dominant seasonal allergen known to induce SAR based on a documented result with a standard skin prick test either within 12 months prior to screening or performed at the screening visit.
Patient Exclusion Criteria:
- Has a history of physical findings of nasal pathology, including nasal polyps or other clinically significant respiratory tract malformations; recent unhealed nasal biopsy; nasal trauma; or nasal ulcers or perforations.
- Has evidence of infection, significant anatomic abnormality, ulceration of the mucosa, blood in the nose, or any other clinically relevant finding on nasal examination at the screening visit.
- Has nasal jewelry.
- Has participated in any investigational drug trial within the 30 days preceding the screening visit or is planning participation in another investigational drug trial at any time during this trial.
- Has received ciclesonide nasal aerosol in a previous clinical trial.
Peninsula Research Associates
550 Deep Valley Drive, Suite 317
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
Research Center Information: Peninsula Research Associates
If you would like to learn more about participating in this study, please send an email message using the form below.
DISCLAIMER: This site is run by CenterWatch, a publishing company that focuses on the
clinical trials industry. The information provided in this service is designed
to help patients find clinical trials that may be of interest to them, and to
help patients contact the centers conducting the research. CenterWatch is
neither promoting this research nor involved in conducting any of these