Home » Clinical Trials » Therapeutic Areas
Therapeutic Areas: Endocrinology | Family Medicine
Disease Category: Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
Location: United States, OK
The Harold Hamm Diabetes Center in Oklahoma City, OK is looking for volunteers diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and inadequate blood sugar control, currently taking Metformin only, to participate in a research study evaluating the effectiveness and safety of an investigational combination of approved medications.
MK-0431E-211 "A Phase III Randomized Clinical Trial to Study the Efficacy and Safety of the Co-Administration of Sitagliptin and Atorvastatin in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus with Inadequate Glycemic Control on Metformin Monotherapy.
Patient Inclusion Criteria:
You might be eligible for this study if you:
- Are 18 to 79 years of age
- Have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes
- Are currently taking metformin only
- Have an HbA1c level between 7 and 10 %
- Are not currently taking statin or other lipid-lowering medications
Patient Exclusion Criteria:
- Treatment with any other diabetes medications besides Metformin.
- Recent (within the past 180 days) cardiovascular events. Heart failure.
- Cancer within the previous 5 years (except basal cell or squamous cell skin cancer).
Harold Hamm Diabetes Center at the University of Oklahoma - Clinical Trials Unit
1000 N. Lincoln Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
If you would like to learn more about participating in this study, please send an email message using the form below.
DISCLAIMER: This site is run by CenterWatch, a publishing company that focuses on the
clinical trials industry. The information provided in this service is designed
to help patients find clinical trials that may be of interest to them, and to
help patients contact the centers conducting the research. CenterWatch is
neither promoting this research nor involved in conducting any of these