Home » Clinical Trials » Therapeutic Areas
Therapeutic Areas: Healthy Volunteers
Disease Category: Healthy Patient Studies
Location: United States, TX
Research study in overweight but generally healthy men and women with a family history of diabetes or who have been told they are pre-diabetic ages 30-65.
This study will help researchers compare tests to measure how the body controls blood sugar levels and may help standardize how these tests are conducted for people with type 2 diabetes. The study will include IV (intravenous) infusions.
Vital signs, ECGs, and physical examinations will be performed, and blood and urine samples will be obtained during this study. Glucose tolerance will also be tested.
Participants will complete:
- Up to 2 screening visits
- 5 overnight stays (2 periods of 2 nights each and one period of one night)
You may be compensated up to $1,400 for time and travel.
Patient Inclusion Criteria:
If you are able to answer "YES" to the following statements, you may qualify for this study:
- I am generally healthy, or if I have a condition such as high blood pressure, it is well controlled with medication
- I do not have any history of diabetes
- I have a family history of diabetes or I have been told I am pre-diabetic
- I am between the ages of 30 and 65
- My body mass index (BMI) between 27 and 40 kg/m2
- My weight has not changed more than +/- 3% in the past 3 months
- I do not smoke OR I am able to refrain from smoking for the duration of the study while I am at ICON’s facility
- If Female, I am not currently pregnant or breastfeeding or using hormonal birth control
For more information visit: www.idsstudy.com/study-volunteers/usa/study-finder/san-antonio/healthybi01c/
ICON Development Solutions
8307 Gault Lane
San Antonio, TX 78209
Phone: (210) 225-5437
Research Center Information: ICON Development Solutions
If you would like to learn more about participating in this study, please send an email message using the form below.
DISCLAIMER: This site is run by CenterWatch, a publishing company that focuses on the
clinical trials industry. The information provided in this service is designed
to help patients find clinical trials that may be of interest to them, and to
help patients contact the centers conducting the research. CenterWatch is
neither promoting this research nor involved in conducting any of these