Home » Clinical Trials » Therapeutic Areas
Therapeutic Areas: Oncology | Gastroenterology | Family Medicine
Disease Category: Gastric Cancer
A clinical research study for patients with gastric cancer.
Diffuse Gastric and Esophagogastric junction cancer S-1 Trial
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and efficacy of S-1 and Cisplatin compared to 5-FU and Cisplatin in treatment of patients with metastatic diffuse gastric and esophagogastric junction cancer previously untreated with chemotherapy.
An Open-Label, Multicenter, Randomized, Phase 3 Study of S-1 and Cisplatin Compared with 5-FU and Cisplatin in Patients with Metastatic Diffuse Gastric Cancer Previously Untreated with Chemotherapy.
This is an open-label, international, Phase 3 study evaluating the efficacy and safety of the S-1/cisplatin regimen versus the 5-FU/cisplatin regimen in chemotherapy-naïve patients with metastatic diffuse gastric carcinoma including carcinoma of the gastro-esophageal junction. Patients will be randomly assigned to S-1/cisplatin (experimental regimen, Arm A) or 5-FU/cisplatin (control regimen, Arm B).
Study Type: Interventional
Overall Recruitment Status: Recruiting
Study Start Date: Feb 2011
Study Completion Date: August 2014
Primary Completion Date: June 2014
1. Has given written Informed Consent
2. Histologically confirmed, unresectable, metastatic diffuse gastric cancer including carcinoma of the gastro-esophageal junction
3. No prior chemotherapy for gastric cancer except adjuvant and/or neo-adjuvant chemotherapy more than 12 months ago
4. Life expectancy of at least 3 months
5. Able to take medications orally
6. ECOG performance status 0 to 1
7. Adequate organ function (bone marrow, kidney and liver)
1. Certain type(s) of non-measurable lesion(s), if the only one(s).
2. Certain serious illness or medical condition(s)
3. Lost greater than or equal to 10% of body weight in the 3 months proceeding signing the ICF
4. Treatment with drugs interacting with S-1, 5-FU, or cisplatin.
5. Pregnant or lactating female.
6. Known hypersensitivity to fluoropyrimidines or cisplatin.
Other protocol-defined inclusion/exclusion criteria may apply.
Ribeirão Preto 14015-130
Phone: 1-888-292-2990 (Menu Option 0)
If you would like to learn more about participating in this study, please send an email message using the form below.
DISCLAIMER: This site is run by CenterWatch, a publishing company that focuses on the
clinical trials industry. The information provided in this service is designed
to help patients find clinical trials that may be of interest to them, and to
help patients contact the centers conducting the research. CenterWatch is
neither promoting this research nor involved in conducting any of these