Home » Clinical Trials » Therapeutic Areas
Therapeutic Areas: Cardiology/Vascular Diseases | Family Medicine
Disease Category: Heart Disease
Location: United States, AR
Clinical Trial Details
Research Study Summary
Do you have heart disease?
Researchers want to find out if a drug called canakinumab can help people with heart disease. The study doctor will give canakinumab to some people in this study to see if it is safe and tolerable, and can help their heart disease. The study doctor is also doing this study to find out if receiving canakinumab is better than receiving placebo.
Patient Inclusion Criteria:
- Age ≥ 18 years at Visit 1.
- Documented spontaneous MI
Patient Exclusion Criteria:
- Pregnant or nursing (lactating) women
- Any of the following concomitant diseases
- Planned coronary revascularization (PCI or CABG) or any other major surgical procedure.
- Major non-cardiac surgical or endoscopic procedure within past 6 months to Visit 1
- Multi-vessel CABG surgery within the past 3 years
- Symptomatic patients with Class IV heart failure (HF) (New York Heart Association [NYHA].
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Uncontrolled diabetes as defined by the investigator
- Kidney transplant
- Known active or recurrent hepatic disorder (including cirrhosis, hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Prior malignancy other than basal cell skin carcinoma
- History or evidence of active tuberculosis (TB) infection
- History of ongoing, chronic or recurrent infectious disease
- Live vaccinations within 3 months prior to the randomization visit or live vaccinations planned during the trial.
To Learn more
Both Male and Female
Date Last Changed:
July 18, 2013
DISCLAIMER: This site is run by CenterWatch, a publishing company that focuses on the
clinical trials industry. The information provided in this service is designed
to help patients find clinical trials that may be of interest to them, and to
help patients contact the centers conducting the research. CenterWatch is
neither promoting this research nor involved in conducting any of these