Home » Clinical Trials » Therapeutic Areas
Therapeutic Areas: Endocrinology | Family Medicine
Disease Category: Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
Location: United States, PA
The purpose of this trial is to test the hypothesis that canakinumab treatment of patients with MI at least one month prior to study entry and elevated hsCRP will prevent recurrent cardiovascular events.
Patient Inclusion Criteria:
- Written informed consent
- Male, or Female of non-child-bearing potential
- Age ≥ 18 years.
- Spontaneous MI at least 30 days before randomization.
hsCRP ≥ 2 mg/
Patient Exclusion Criteria:
- Pregnant or nursing (lactating) women
- Women of child-bearing potential
- Any of the following concomitant diseases
- Planned coronary revascularization (PCI or CABG)
- Major non-cardiac surgical or endoscopic procedure within past 6 months
- Multi-vessel CABG surgery within the past 3 years
- Symptomatic patients with Class IV heart failure (HF) (New York Heart Association [NYHA].
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- History or evidence of active tuberculosis (TB) infection
- Other protocol-defined inclusion/exclusion criteria may apply
Julia Benton, RN, CCRC, site manager
Blair Medical Associates, Inc. Clinical Trials Dept.
Station Medical Center
1414 Ninth Ave.
Altoona, PA 16602
If you would like to learn more about participating in this study, please send an email message using the form below.
DISCLAIMER: This site is run by CenterWatch, a publishing company that focuses on the
clinical trials industry. The information provided in this service is designed
to help patients find clinical trials that may be of interest to them, and to
help patients contact the centers conducting the research. CenterWatch is
neither promoting this research nor involved in conducting any of these