Home » Clinical Trials » Therapeutic Areas
Therapeutic Areas: Endocrinology | Family Medicine
Disease Category: Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
Location: United States, PA
This is a clinical trial designed to assess the cardiovascular outcome of long term treatment with sitagliptin used as part of usual care compared to usual care without sitagliptin in patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus having a history of cardiovascular disease and a hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) of 6.5% to 8.0%
Patient Inclusion Criteria:
- Patient has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Patient's HbA1c is between 6.5% (48 mmol/mol) and 8.0% (64 mmol/mol) on stable dose(s) of antihyperglycemic agent(s), including insulin
- Patient has preexisting cardiovascular disease
Patient Exclusion Criteria:
- Patient has a history of type 1 diabetes mellitus or ketoacidosis.
- Patient is not able to take sitagliptin
Julia Benton, RN, CCRC, site manager
Blair Medical Associates, Inc. Clinical Trials Dept.
Station Medical Center
1414 Ninth Ave.
Altoona, PA 16602
If you would like to learn more about participating in this study, please send an email message using the form below.
DISCLAIMER: This site is run by CenterWatch, a publishing company that focuses on the
clinical trials industry. The information provided in this service is designed
to help patients find clinical trials that may be of interest to them, and to
help patients contact the centers conducting the research. CenterWatch is
neither promoting this research nor involved in conducting any of these