Home » Clinical Trials » Therapeutic Areas
Therapeutic Areas: Pulmonary/Respiratory Diseases | Cardiology/Vascular Diseases | Family Medicine
Disease Category: Emphysema
Location: United States, UT
New research is underway to determine if medication can treat your COPD and reduce the risk of Heart Attack and Stroke.
You’re COPD / Emphysema puts you at greater risk of early death from cardiovascular disease. A combination medication is being studied to see if it can increase your life span while improving your breathing. During this study you will receive cutting edge diagnostic testing not available elsewhere.
Come and find out exactly what your breathing tests mean. What does percent of predicted mean.
As a part of this study, patients will receive Pulse Wave Velocity Tests. By holding a sensitive sensor over your radial, carotid, and femoral pulses, you will be able to see what you blood pressure is at your heart, not just in your arm. Also you will be able to see the effects of hardened arteries on your vascular system and hopefully see an improvement thru out the study. This is amazing cutting edge technology that you would unlikely have access to elsewhere.
Benefits of participating:
- Study medications
- All lab tests, Pulmonary Function Tests, ECG’s, Phyisical Exams, Pulse Wave
- Velocity Tests are included
- $50.00 per visit.
- No cost to participate.
- No insurance needed.
- No change in your doctor.
- Completely voluntary, no obligation to continue.
Patient Inclusion Criteria:
- Be between the ages of 40 and 80.
- Diagnosed with COPD, Emphysema or Chronic Bronchitis.
- Current or previous smoker.
- Have qualifying cardiovascular risk factors such as:
- Coronary Artery Disease.
- Peripheral Vascular Disease.
- Heart Attack.
- Diabetes with complications.
- Treated for high cholesterol.
- Treated for high blood pressure.
- Treated for diabetes.
Patient Exclusion Criteria:
- Use of oxygen for more than 12 hours per day.
- COPD caused by something other than smoking.
Optimum Clinical Research, Inc.
24 South 1100 East #205
Salt Lake City, UT 84102
If you would like to learn more about participating in this study, please send an email message using the form below.
DISCLAIMER: This site is run by CenterWatch, a publishing company that focuses on the
clinical trials industry. The information provided in this service is designed
to help patients find clinical trials that may be of interest to them, and to
help patients contact the centers conducting the research. CenterWatch is
neither promoting this research nor involved in conducting any of these