Home » Clinical Trials » Therapeutic Areas
Therapeutic Areas: Cardiology/Vascular Diseases | Trauma (Emergency, Injury, Surgery) | Family Medicine
Disease Category: Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction)
Location: United States, PA
Prevention of Cardiovascular Events (eg, Death From Heart or Vascular Disease, Heart Attack, or Stroke) in Patients With Prior Heart Attack Using Ticagrelor Compared to Placebo on a Background of Aspirin (PEGASUS)
Patient Inclusion Criteria:
- 50 Years and older
- Person who had a heart attack within 1 - 3 years ago and at least one additional risk factor:
- Age ≥ 65 years old,
- Diabetes requiring medication,
- Documented history of 2nd prior MI (>1 year ago).
- Angiographic evidence of multivessel CAD, and / or Chronic, non-end stage renal dysfunction.
- Females of child-bearing potential must have a negative pregnancy test at enrollment
- Persons who are currently taking aspirin between 75 and 150 mg once daily
Patient Exclusion Criteria:
- Persons who are being treated with agents inhibiting blood clotting if the agent cannot be stopped at study start
- Persons who have planned coronary, cerebrovascular, or peripheral arterial Revascularization (invasive surgery) at study start
Julia Benton, RN, CCRC, Site Manager
Blair Medical Associates, Inc. Clinical Trials Dept.
Station Medical Center
1414 Ninth Ave
Altoona, PA 16602
If you would like to learn more about participating in this study, please send an email message using the form below.
DISCLAIMER: This site is run by CenterWatch, a publishing company that focuses on the
clinical trials industry. The information provided in this service is designed
to help patients find clinical trials that may be of interest to them, and to
help patients contact the centers conducting the research. CenterWatch is
neither promoting this research nor involved in conducting any of these