Home » Clinical Trials » Therapeutic Areas
Therapeutic Areas: Dermatology | Infections and Infectious Diseases | Immunology | Family Medicine
Disease Category: Skin Infections/Disorders
Location: United States, TX
A Phase 3 Multicenter Study of the Safety and Efficacy of Adalimumab in Subjects with Moderate to Severe Hidradenitis Suppurative. This study is being conducted by Abbott Laboratories.
The primary objective of this study is to determine the clinical safety and efficacy of adalimumab compared to placebo in subjects with moderate to severe HS after 12 weeks of treatment. A secondary objective is to evaluate safety and explore efficacy for continuous weekly dosing verses dose reduction maintenance of response of therapy from Week 12 to Week 36.
Patient Inclusion Criteria:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Have moderate to severe HS and must have had the diagnosis for 1 year
- Must have lesions in at least 2 parts of the body
- Must have had an inadequate response to at least 3 months of oral antibiotics
- Must currently have at least 3 abscesses or inflammatory nodules at beginning of study
Patient Exclusion Criteria:
- Cannot have had prior treatment with adalimumab (Humiria) or other anti-TNF therapy (example -- infliximab which is Remicade or Entanercept which is Enbrel).
- Any other skin disease that might interfere with assessments
Glennda Bruce, RN, MSN, Research Coordinator
Dermatology Clinical Research Center of San Antonio
7810 Louis Pasteur Suite 200
San Antonio, TX 78229
If you would like to learn more about participating in this study, please send an email message using the form below.
DISCLAIMER: This site is run by CenterWatch, a publishing company that focuses on the
clinical trials industry. The information provided in this service is designed
to help patients find clinical trials that may be of interest to them, and to
help patients contact the centers conducting the research. CenterWatch is
neither promoting this research nor involved in conducting any of these