Home » Clinical Trials » Therapeutic Areas
Therapeutic Areas: Neurology | Family Medicine | Genetic Disease
Disease Category: Epilepsy
Location: United States, NY
Are you taking Lamotrigine (Lamictal) or Valproic Acid (Depakote/Depakene)?
We are looking for volunteers to participate in a one-visit research study on how medications affect the function of folic acid in preventing birth defects. This research study will be conducted at the Cushing Neuroscience Institute. This is a one-visit research study that involves a brief interview and one blood draw. There is no cost to you for being in the study and you will receive compensation for your time.
Patient Inclusion Criteria:
You may be eligible for our study if you are:
- A woman between 18-50 years old.
- Currently taking Valproic Acid (Depakote, Depakote-ER, Depakene), or Lamotrigine (Lamictal) for your neurologic or psychiatric condition.
- Have been on a stable dose of Valproic Acid (Depakote, Depakote-ER, Depakene) or Lamotrigine (Lamictal) for at least 6 weeks.
- If you are taking Lamotrigine: Have never taken Valproic Acid in the past
- If you are taking Valproic Acid: Have never taken Lamotrigine in the past
Connie Lau, Study Coordinator
Biomedical Research Alliance of New York
Cushing Neuroscience Institute
611 Northern Boulevard
Great Neck, NY 11021
If you would like to learn more about participating in this study, please send an email message using the form below.
DISCLAIMER: This site is run by CenterWatch, a publishing company that focuses on the
clinical trials industry. The information provided in this service is designed
to help patients find clinical trials that may be of interest to them, and to
help patients contact the centers conducting the research. CenterWatch is
neither promoting this research nor involved in conducting any of these