Home » Clinical Trials » Therapeutic Areas
Therapeutic Areas: Oncology | Nephrology | Urology | Family Medicine
Disease Category: Prostate Cancer
Location: United States, IL
Clinical Trial Details
Research Study Summary
A Randomized, Double-Blind, Phase 3 Trial Comparing Ipilimumab vs. Placebo Following Radiotherapy in Subjects with Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer That Have Received Prior Treatment with Docetaxel.
The purpose of this study is to examine the safety and effectiveness (how well the drug works) of treatment with radiotherapy followed by an investigational compound (a drug that is not currently approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration [FDA] or any other health authority), ipilimumab (also known as MDS-010 or BMS-734016). The effectiveness of ipilimumab will be determined by looking at:
- How many patients respond to treatment with radiotherapy followed by ipilimumab versus radiotherapy alone and how long the response lasts for each of these two treatments
- Survival time of the patients who receive radiotherapy followed by ipilimumab versus radiotherapy alone
- How safe radiotherapy followed by ipilimumab is, and what the side effects are
- How much a patient's level of pain changes when treated with radiotherapy followed by ipilimumab versus radiotherapy alone
- The health-related quality of life patients experience while on radiotherapy followed by ipilimumab versus radiotherapy alone
Please contact Alexian Brothers for more information on participation.
To Learn more
Date Last Changed:
July 22, 2013
DISCLAIMER: CenterWatch does not conduct clinical research.
CenterWatch is a publishing company that posts clinical trials information on behalf of sponsor companies,
contract research organizations, clinical research sites and other interested parties. This information
is designed to help patients find clinical trials of interest and contact the research centers
conducting the trials.