Home » Clinical Trials » Therapeutic Areas
Therapeutic Areas: Oncology | Obstetrics/Gynecology (Women’s Health) | Family Medicine
Disease Category: Uterine Cancer
Location: United States, NY
A Pilot Trial of Radiation Therapy "sandwiched" between Paclitaxel and Carboplatin in Patients with Uterine Carcinosarcoma.
The purpose of this study is to determine whether radiation therapy "sandwiched" between paclitaxel/carboplatin chemotherapy is effective in the treatment of uterine carcinosarcoma,and particularly whether this treatment will lessen the chance of the cancer returning in the pelvis or elsewhere in the body.
Patient Inclusion Criteria:
- Histologically documented uterine carcinosarcoma with no visible residual disease.
- Surgical staging to include total abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral salpingo- oophorectomy, peritoneal washings, and lymph node samplings.
- Patients must be entered no more than 12 weeks post operatively.
- Age > 18 years.
- ECOG performance status of < 2.
- Written voluntary informed consent
Patient Exclustion Criteria:
- Patient has impairment of hepatic, renal or hematologic function as defined by the following baseline laboratory values:
- Serum SGOT and /or SGPT > 2.5 times the institutional upper limit of normal
- Total serum bilirubin > 1.5 mg/dl
- History of chronic or active hepatitis
- Serum creatinine > 2.0 mg/dl
- Platelets < 100,000/mm3
- Absolute neutrophil count (ANC) < 1500/mm3
- Hemoglobin < 8.0 g/dl (the patient may be transfused prior to study entry)
- Patient has severe or uncontrolled concurrent medical disease (eg. uncontrolled diabetes, unstable angina, myocardial infarction within 6 months, congestive heart failure, etc.)
- Patient with any prior chemotherapy or radiotherapy for pelvic malignancy.
- Patients with dementia or altered mental status that would prohibit the giving and understanding of informed consent at the time of study entry.
Loraine Centrilla, RN, Research Coordinator
Einstein-Montefiore Institute for Clinical & Translational Research
Montefiore Medical Center
1695 Eastchester Road Suite 601
Bronx, NY 10461
If you would like to learn more about participating in this study, please send an email message using the form below.
DISCLAIMER: This site is run by CenterWatch, a publishing company that focuses on the
clinical trials industry. The information provided in this service is designed
to help patients find clinical trials that may be of interest to them, and to
help patients contact the centers conducting the research. CenterWatch is
neither promoting this research nor involved in conducting any of these