Home » Clinical Trials » Therapeutic Areas
Therapeutic Areas: Oncology | Pulmonary/Respiratory Diseases | Family Medicine
Disease Category: Small Cell Lung Cancer
Location: United States, FL
Phase III comparison of Thoracic Radiotherapy Regimens in Patients With Limited Small Cell Lung Cancer Also Receiving Cisplatin and Etoposide
- Histologically or cytologically documented small cell lung cancer
- Limited stage disease patients, with disease restricted to one hemithorax with
regional lymph node metastases, including ipsilateral hilar, ipsilateral and
contralateral mediastinal, and ipsilateral supraclavicular lymph nodes.
- Patients with disease involvement of the contralateral hilar or supraclavicular
lymph nodes are not eligible.
- Patients with pleural effusions that are visible on plain chest radiographs,
whether cytologically positive or not, are not eligible.
- Patients with cytologically positive pleural or pericardial fluid, regardless of
the appearance on plain x-ray, are not eligible.
- Measurable Disease
Patients must have measurable disease, which includes lesions that can be
accurately measured in at least one dimension (longest diameter to be recorded) as =
2 cm with conventional techniques or as = 1 cm with spiral CT scan.
- Prior Treatment
- No prior radiotherapy or chemotherapy for SCLC
- No prior mediastinal or thoracic radiotherapy
- Patients with complete surgical resection of disease are not eligible
- Age greater than or equal to 18 years of age
- ECOG Performance Status 0-2
- No patients that are known to be pregnant or nursing.
- Required Initial Laboratory Values
Granulocytes greater than or equal to 1,500/µl
Platelet Count greater than or equal to 100,000/µl
Total Bilirubin less than or equal to 1.5 x ULN
AST (SGOT) less than or equal to 2.0 x ULN
Calculated Creatinine Clearance
less than or equal to 1.5 x ULN
greater than or equal to 70 ml/min
Holy Cross Hospital
4725 N. Federal Hwy.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
Research Center Information: Holy Cross Hospital
DISCLAIMER: This site is run by CenterWatch, a publishing company that focuses on the
clinical trials industry. The information provided in this service is designed
to help patients find clinical trials that may be of interest to them, and to
help patients contact the centers conducting the research. CenterWatch is
neither promoting this research nor involved in conducting any of these