Home » Clinical Trials » Therapeutic Areas
Therapeutic Areas: Rheumatology | Musculoskeletal | Immunology | Family Medicine
Disease Category: Rheumatoid Arthritis
Location: United States, GA
Clinical Trial Details
Research Study Summary
(OSKIRA): A Phase III, Multi-centre, Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel Group Study of Two Dosing Regimens of Investigational Product (Oral Agents) in Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients.
The purpose of the study is to evaluate the effectiveness of two dosing regimens of Investigational Product (Oral Agent) compared to placebo, in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
Patient Inclusion Criteria:
- Active rheumatoid arthritis (RA) diagnosed after the age of 16
- 6 or more swollen joints and 6 or more tender/painful joints (from 28 joint count) and either Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR) blood result of 28mm/h or more, or C-Reactive Protein (CRP) blood result of 10mg/L or more
- At least one of the following: documented history of positive rheumatoid factor (blood test), current presence of rheumatoid factor (blood test), radiographic erosion within 12months prior to study enrolment, presence of serum anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies (blood test)
Patient Exclusion Criteria:
- Females who are pregnant or breast feeding
- Poorly controlled hypertension
- Liver disease or significant liver function test abnormalities
- Certain inflammatory conditions (other than rheumatoid arthritis), connective tissue diseases or chronic pain disorders
- Recent or significant cardiovascular disease
- Significant active or recent infection including tuberculosis
- Previous failure to respond to anakinra or previous treatment with biological agent (other than TNF alpha antagonists including rituximab, abatacept and tocilizumab)
- Severe renal impairment
To Learn more
Both Male and Female
Date Last Changed:
July 22, 2013
DISCLAIMER: CenterWatch does not conduct clinical research.
CenterWatch is a publishing company that posts clinical trials information on behalf of sponsor companies,
contract research organizations, clinical research sites and other interested parties. This information
is designed to help patients find clinical trials of interest and contact the research centers
conducting the trials.