Home » Clinical Trials » Therapeutic Areas
Therapeutic Areas: Neurology | Psychiatry/Psychology | Family Medicine
Disease Category: Dementia
Location: United States, CA
Clinical Trial Details
Research Study Summary
Mild Cognitive Impairment
This study will investigate the potential treatment effects of IVIG (intravenous immunoglobulin) to target early Alzheimer's Disease in persons with MCI. MRI brain imaging and cognitive testing will be conducted over approximately 2 years.
Patient Inclusion Criteria:
- 50 - 84 years old
- Male or Female
- Memory complaints or any sign of memory dysfunction
- Able to have MRI
- Not currently taking cholinesterase-inhibitors (i.e., Aricept) or memantine (i.e.,Namenda)
Below are some of the exclusionary criteria that will exclude a subject from being enrolled into the study:
- Has significant neurological disease, other than a-MCI that may affect cognition
- History of clinically evident stroke or history of clinically significant carotid or vertebrobasilar stenosis or plaque.
- presence of pacemakers, aneurysm clips, artificial heart valves, ear implants, CSF shunts, metal fragments in body.
- Clinically significant systemic illness present
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- History of cancer within past 5 years (except non metastatic basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma of the skin).
- Severe liver or kidney disease
- others will be discussed at screening
To Learn more
Both Male and Female
Date Last Changed:
July 22, 2013
DISCLAIMER: CenterWatch does not conduct clinical research.
CenterWatch is a publishing company that posts clinical trials information on behalf of sponsor companies,
contract research organizations, clinical research sites and other interested parties. This information
is designed to help patients find clinical trials of interest and contact the research centers
conducting the trials.